Barn owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn owl

Took this one just using my phone from my blind.

Well done!! Thanks for posting

Comment

Interesting looking fellow.

Comment

Great photos—sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time. I got this pic of black vultures when on a bridge crossing a creek in the pecan bottom—

Comment

Impressive. I'm still hoping for a good photo of a barn owl some day.

Comment

Nice encounter!

Comment

Beautiful bird until one flies out of your tower blind and hits you smack in the face pitch dark at 5 in the morning and the resulting scream can be heard for miles around and you forgot to bring spare underwear and reach back paper. Worse than stepping into a covey of quail at 5 am right after running over a big rattlesnake just down the sendero 5 minutes ago.

Comment

I have never seen a barn owl in the wild. That is a beautiful bird for sure. As most wildlife their lives sometimes clash with humans and it isn’t a good experience either. Around here I try to get certain varmints to clash with a bullet, especially those god for saken unlimited supply of raccoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Me as well. Nice shot.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Beautiful bird until one flies out of your tower blind and hits you smack in the face pitch dark at 5 in the morning and the resulting scream can be heard for miles around and you forgot to bring spare underwear and reach back paper. Worse than stepping into a covey of quail at 5 am right after running over a big rattlesnake just down the sendero 5 minutes ago.
                    They can sure make a mess nesting in your blind in the spring and summer.

Comment

We always called them Monkey faced Owls when I was a kid. Every barn around had a family of them and every cotton gin and every feed mill. They go where the food is. MIce eatin machines.

Comment

We always called them Monkey faced Owls when I was a kid. Every barn around had a family of them and every cotton gin and every feed mill. They go where the food is. MIce eatin machines.
                        Yes they are!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          I'll put you on a "family" in early Sept. Never fails they take up residence over the summer in one of our unsecured blinds. Mean son of a guns !!!

Comment

I have experienced all of that except that the rattler was just in my mind as I was going to my bow blind in the dark. Rattlers were always in my mind as I was going to my bow blind in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                            X