Canon 7d VS 5d mark II???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 7d VS 5d mark II???

Well I jus wanted yalls opinion on this, I can't make up my mind, I have a Rebel T2i right now an I'm looking to upgrade, I shoot a lot of landscape,wildlife an some portraits so I don't know if the crop factor on the 7d will make it difficult to get the images I want versus using the full frame 5d, I know they're both great cameras but Id like to hear what y'all thought about it before I made my mind up, thanks guys!

Both are great, the frames per second is slower on the 5d II than the 7d. But for landscape, portraits and things that don't require your to blaze away the 5d is better in my opinion. For sports I'd go with the 7d. I have a 50d now and when the funds become available my next photographic purchase will be a 5d II.

Comment

My sister runs a couple of 5D mark II's in her photography business. She had recurring problems with one, and finally had to replace it. She really likes them though. (One day I'll convince her to switch over to Nikon!) She shoots mostly weddings and senior portraits. Here is a link to her website.

The 7D would be better for sports and wildlife in my opinion.

Comment

Full frame 5D is mainly for landscapes, and it is the ticket to get the full effect of a wide angle lens.

It will give you a little sharper photo than the 7D, but at that many MP's, does it really matter, unless you are enlarging?

One drawback is that, a big zoom lens will not have near the magnification on the 5D as it will on the 7D 1.6x platform. The 7D is more versatile; and I bet in the end you would get more use out of the 7D than the 5D; unless all you do is take landscape photos.

The 7D 1.6X on the other hand…… 18MP, 8FPS, HD….nice…..

The only drawback is the 19 point AF seems a little over the top, and is not as well designed as the old 9pt system; and the focus points stay on the screen until after the shot is taken.

But other than that, it is Canons best 1.6x; plus the ergonomics of the 7d are great, and it is more user friendly. Better than my 50d.

Put Canon’s workhorse lens the 70-200mm F2.8L IS on it, and you’ve got the ticket!

If didn’t have the 50d already, I would buy it…..

Comment

Working...
        X