Best Image Hosting Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Image Hosting Site

What is the best photo image hosting site to use and why?
    Last edited by Lip; 07-07-2011, 08:25 PM.

I prefer SmugMug. To me, it's easier to use and organize photos than Flickr and it looks better. Easier to get links to post on forums too.

Comment

Thanks Shane. That isn't one I'm familiar with but I'll check it out.

Comment

what angle are you coming from? storage, public access, private access, for posting pics on forums, big, small.....???

Comment

ive always used different ones never set to one, but photobucket mainly, havnt used any in awhile i suppose theyve changed over the past year or so.

Comment

I used photobucket till I had way too many pictures being viewed till the point of exceeding the bandwidth restraints on the free setup. all of my keepsake pictures are stored on mirrored storage both local and remote. I also have setups for posting iphone pics to post on the net via personal and hosted servers...a nifty app is ftp pic upload which you can up iphone pics via ftp to your hosted website for instance.

one thing I have not looked into was the amazon cloud service and an ftp pic upload app mesh....I think amazon cloud service gives you 5gb free, 20gb @ $20 a year...pretty stinkin cheap...

I had been bugging Matt/Lone Aggie to come up with a tailored type setup since there has been a myriad of people just on TBH asking this same question.

(going to go check on that amazon cloud service and ftp pic upload app now)

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
              what angle are you coming from? storage, public access, private access, for posting pics on forums, big, small.....???
              For posting pics on forums mainly.

Comment

I use Flickr for my public pics, and Mpix/Zenfolio for my business photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                  For posting pics on forums mainly.

pics from phone or camera?

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                    pics from phone or camera?

Both.

Comment

1+ Smugmug

Comment

Working...