Our pond is 7ft down........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our pond is 7ft down........

Our pond is 7 feet down, it's almost painful to go down to the back woods to to see how low it is.... (Commiserating is welcome) Last year we spent the whole month of May, June and July in the pond, (please note I'm not a country gal, so it was pretty amazing thing to experience) however this year it seems like we're spending more time walking the shore and seeing all sorts of neat tracks, bugs, and scat.

Our pond June 2011

Our pond June 2010 (last year - the rock is about 10 ft tall)

Here's some photos of a few dragonflies taken this evening.

Last edited by Bud's Darlin'; 06-10-2011, 08:14 PM.

Cool pictures! we sure need some rain, my favorite swimmin holes are almost all dried up

Comment

i know what yall are going through. ours is bad low. we were in it every weekend last year and have not been in it once this year. I hate droughts.

Comment

yep its very dry here in young county(all of TX for that matter)...We live on the river and its crazy low....pray for lots of rain!!!

Comment

Great Pics....

Comment

Great photos....love me some dragonflies!!

Comment

We had one tank go dry on our ranch in Zapata County. I can't remember the last time we had rain in that county.

Comment

Ours will be dry within a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jc207 View Post
                  Great photos....love me some dragonflies!!

These dragonflies were no bigger than a inch and a half - not sure I like their heads, but love their wings.........I'd love to have a collection of them. Do you have some dragonfly photos?!

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Originally posted by PD3 View Post
                      We had one tank go dry on our ranch in Zapata County. I can't remember the last time we had rain in that county.
                      Our ranch owner in Zapata county,told us last week that without rain ,the deepest tank we have ,almost 30 ft deep,will be dry this week....he will have to start hauling water to watering stations or get rid of his cows...the last rain was November 9th this past fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud's Darlin' View Post
                        Our pond is 7 feet down, it's almost painful to go down to the back woods to to see how low it is.... (Commiserating is welcome) Last year we spent the whole month of May, June and July in the pond, (please note I'm not a country gal, so it was pretty amazing thing to experience) however this year it seems like we're spending more time walking the shore and seeing all sorts of neat tracks, bugs, and scat.

Our pond June 2011

Our pond June 2010 (last year - the rock is about 10 ft tall)

Here's some photos of a few dragonflies taken this evening.

i feel for you and hope you can stay above the 15' ours is down. last spring it was 7 acres. now less than 2. come on tropical storms.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                          Our ranch owner in Zapata county,told us last week that without rain ,the deepest tank we have ,almost 30 ft deep,will be dry this week....he will have to start hauling water to watering stations or get rid of his cows...the last rain was November 9th this past fall.
                          This just makes me want to cry............seriously, since owning a little land with a pond has made me SO AWARE of water.........I lived in Nova Scotia and Scotland and it was SUCH a joke, because there was endless amounts of rain there...........my heart is in Texas........praying God will rain here!

Comment

Fill your pain, the part of the North Bosque river that runs through my river grounds is down to about a 6 foot creek, just barley running. The big holes on the south ends have never dried up, but this summer could test them.

Praying for rain.
                            Rwc

Comment

Pond at ranch is bone dry. 2nd pic water level is already really low that pic was taken about 2 months ago. When pond is full that gravity feeder would be under water. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...1&d=1307855722
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SOTXBOWHUNTER; 06-11-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X