D90 iso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D90 iso

I haven't had much time with the D90 yet. What is the highest clean ISO I can expect? I know I should practice and test it, but time isn't on my side so any advice would be very helpful.

800 and use a fast lens, but reproduction size makes a difference too. Prints or for computer?

Comment

To me, 800 is still pushing it, you need some good light even then.

I stay at 200 95% of the time and add light when I need it

Comment

Thanks. 90% for the computer but some prints. I only have one flash, and may not have it all the time. I am just planning for the worst case.

Comment

If it is for the computer mostly, then your resolution will not be very high, higher ASA/ISO are not a problem. Higher contrast lighting situations help. And if you have pretty good software like photoshop, you can shoot in the 400 range, maybe a stop under exposed, and use the software to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            I haven't had much time with the D90 yet. What is the highest clean ISO I can expect? I know I should practice and test it, but time isn't on my side so any advice would be very helpful.
            I was searching for posts on the Nikon D7000 which you said in a previous post you had on back order - did you end up with the D90 instead and if so, why did you chose that over the D7000 (obviously there is a price difference...smile) How do you like your D90 and what were you using prior to upgrading?

Thanks...smile.

Comment

What are you shooting? Portraits, still life, sports? Also, what software do you use to process your pixels?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                What are you shooting? Portraits, still life, sports? Also, what software do you use to process your pixels?
                Hi, Scotty - I use Aperture 3, which I purchased at Christmas, however I notice most people seem to like Lightroom. I chose Aperture, because I use a Mac and that is what online advice seemed to advise. I still use iPhoto, but have started trying to use Aperture more since purchasing it. I've seen someone else on here that has a Nikon D60 and he has this lens. [http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...-nikon&h=e9323 .......I've talked to my SIL in Scotland who has this lens but for her Canon and she said it would work well for the types of photos I tend to take. However, I'm sort of trying to take better photos...but Holy CATS, lenses are really expensive. I'm starting to find that researching information about lenses and camera bodies can be overwhelming and I am at that point where, 'you think you thought you were pretty good at something' and then you realize 'you really have NO CLUE'...smile. I see you have a LONG list of lenses and equipment and clearly are experienced. I wish you lived close by, because I'd love to learn, but I don't see classrooms as a place I'd do well and I'm illiterate (actually I'm not, clearly I can type this message, but I do not do books) BTW...thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

I realised I didn't answer your whole post.......I take photos of my children the most, but then I love nature, so wild flowers and I'd love to learn to take better photos with landscape and maybe night photos.
                I have some of my photos on our blog, http://littlehouseonseventy-twoacres.blogspot.com/ but I don't put photos on their because they're good, but because they tend to tell part of our story. I also have a fb account if You're on fb - I'm under Jennifer Hanson Witherspoon ...smile.
                Last edited by Bud's Darlin'; 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud's Darlin' View Post
                  I was searching for posts on the Nikon D7000 which you said in a previous post you had on back order - did you end up with the D90 instead and if so, why did you chose that over the D7000 (obviously there is a price difference...smile) How do you like your D90 and what were you using prior to upgrading?

Thanks...smile.
                  I was using a D40. I ended up with a D90. I had the D7000 on order, but it was backordered for months. I got tired of waiting and ended up cancelling the order figuring I would just upgrade at another time. We started planning a couple vacations and I got the upgrade itch again. The D7000 was still backorderd at some places, and I was on a tight schedule. I wanted the D90 before the D7000 came out, the D90 satisfied all the reasons I was upgrading, and refurbished was half the price of a D7000. I have been happy with the D90, and haven't missed anything yet other than saying i have the latest and greatest. Huge improvement over the D40.

Comment

Working...
                  X