Camera suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera suggestions

I would like to get into photography... what would be the best mid-level camera to purchase?

Also, I have borrowed a friends camera a few times, but did not like it because it "clicked" when I took the photo. It was very difficult because the deer would look towards me, do all cameras do that?

All SLR cameras "click". It is the mirror flipping up to allow light to hit the film/sensor. Nikon's newest D7000 has a quiet mode which is said to be amazing, but at $1200 just for the body and a ton of features, I would't call it mid-level. Point and shoot cameras can be silent, but you don't have the control over you image that you have with a SLR and you can't change lenses. They are much smaller and lighter though. What subjects/types of pictures do you want to take? If you go SLR, shoot the brand that your friend shoots so you can take advantage of their knowledge and share lenses/flashes. I have a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot that I am incredibly impressed with. Nikon and Canon point and shoots are both said to perform great as well. I would buy anything you need from Adorama in New York. Usually free shipping, better prices, no sales tax. B&H is good too, but I have had some issues with them lately. (Price/selection/shipping, not customer service)

Comment

I just sold my Canon t2i.

Since the t3i has just come out, you can get pretty good deals on both the t1i, and t2i right now.

Look on craigslist if you do that sort of thing, or ebay.

I sold my t2i with 18-55mm lens, a small tripod and camera bag for $760.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...

Most of the subjects will be of deer/animals and I like to get as close of a photo as I can, so I guess I will need to stick with the SLR cameras.

Comment

Dont forget to get a tripod, esp with a zoomy lens. Image stabilization would be an added benefit on your lens too.

Comment

Working...
          X