Got the camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the camera

Now I need a Case. Anyone have any ideas on a good camera bag that would work well with my EOS T2I. I plan on adding to my lens collection also. I will most likely throw my Canon 35 mm in with it just to have a back up at the ranch.

Not wanting to break the bank but definately need something that will last a while.

Ttt

Comment

This is worse than asking what broadhead you should shoot behind a high fence My advice is to pick a style and set a price range, then get the biggest you can afford. Tough to beat a backpack for storage room and ease or carry, but I have been looking at messenger bag types lately. Pelican makes a case with an insert like a camera bag. Tough to beat if you don't need to carry it around with you, or you are willing to carry it inside another bag. Go to your local camera store and look at some in person. Online pics are hard to go by.

Comment

I have this one. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ulder_Bag.html

I like it. It has plenty of room and is very well made.

Comment

Thanks guys I know its a pretty open ended question but I am just getting started into this pretty heavy and I know some of you guys have been in it a lot longer and have probally gone through a few.

Comment

Camera bags are like lenses... you can never have enough of them and there is not one that will do everything you want!!!
            What I would suggest is determine what type of shooting you are going to do and then pick a bag that will fullfill that need. Undoubtedly, that need will change and you will be buying another bag(s) down the road.
            I have backpacks, sling bags, waist pack bags, shoulder bags, hardshell Pelican case... and am still in the market for one right now that is a backpack style but is long enough to fit my D700 with my 70-200 and 1.7 extender installed. Haven't found it yet but am still looking.
            What I will tell you is that over the years my personal favorite has been the Lowepro brand. There are a lot of new ones out there now like ThinkTank which I have heard make very high quality bags.

Comment

I bought that same camera in a package deal that came with the Canon Gadget Bag 200DG. A great bag to hold my camera and accessories for family trips etc, etc - but I am not sure it is heavy duty enough to bring with me to the deer camp. In terms of something to use for carrying everything to the deer stand, etc (thats stonger and will protect the camera better) - I am in the same boat as you are.....so will curious to see all the replies we get to this question.

Keep me posted when you end up buying something for your T2i - as I might look to do the same based on your feedback.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                Camera bags are like lenses... you can never have enough of them and there is not one that will do everything you want!!!
                What I would suggest is determine what type of shooting you are going to do and then pick a bag that will fullfill that need. Undoubtedly, that need will change and you will be buying another bag(s) down the road.
                I have backpacks, sling bags, waist pack bags, shoulder bags, hardshell Pelican case... and am still in the market for one right now that is a backpack style but is long enough to fit my D700 with my 70-200 and 1.7 extender installed. Haven't found it yet but am still looking.
                What I will tell you is that over the years my personal favorite has been the Lowepro brand. There are a lot of new ones out there now like ThinkTank which I have heard make very high quality bags.
                The ThinkTank Airport Antidote is what I have. It will easily hold your D700 with 70-200 attached.
                That is a 70-200 attached to my D300. The battery grip is installed as well. A 24-70, 18-200, Sb-900, battery chargers, spare batteries, remote control and lots of other small items are also in the bag.

They also make an Airport Addicted bag and an Airport Acceleration bag if you need more room. These are super high quality bags and I heartily recommend them.

Think Tank Photo backpacks are designed for today’s gear with the working photographer in mind. From daypacks for urban outings to large capacity travel/adventure packs for DSLR and Mirrorless systems, these premium quality camera backpacks are ideal for your workflow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminal Machine (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	23977699

Comment

I went with this one to kill a couple birds with one stone... mainly it holds laptop, camera, and plenty lenses and accessories. Makes travel especially flying super easy. It also has quick access on the top to allow for those moments when you just gotta take a pic... If you want some pics of the bag, lemme know and I can try and snap a few.

Comment

tipitina I like that one, Scotty I like that one also. I was thinking of a breifcase style over the shoulder till yall broke those 2 backpack ones out.

Comment

I have this one. I bought for a trip to Oregon because I would be hiking alot.

Comment

I have bought a couple of the naneu pro bags lately and have been extremely pleased with their build quality. As others have said, no single bag can do everything you want it to.

I would also go for one of the mid to upper end bags as opposed to the less expensive ones. I started with a Canon backpack that was about $40 and the zipper gave out after a year of steady use. One of the naneu pro bags I've had now for 2 years without any issues and the other one I've had for about 6 months, but I used it to carry my camera back and forth to the deer stand on the Ranger and it held up extremely well and didn't allow any dust to get to my equipment.

I went with the military ops series for both of mine because they have waterproof zippers and seemed to be built well. The Sahara series is also well built, but is more expensive since it is a canvas bag.

Comment

Working...
                        X