Need some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice...

I'm an architect here in San Antonio and want to get out and take pictures of some of the work we have done. Our work is mainly residential and my pictures will consist of the exterior of the houses with some interiors or kitchens and baths etc...

I was thinking of buying a Canon Rebel digital camera but was wondering what would be the best lens to get the pictures I want? Is there a lens that is versatile and will do both?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Without a doubt, for houses and landscapes, a wide angle. You should consider using an external flash with a swivel head as well. You will want to bounce the flash off the ceiling for nice soft light.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Without a doubt, for houses and landscapes, a wide angle. You should consider using an external flash with a swivel head as well. You will want to bounce the flash off the ceiling for nice soft light.
      Thanks for the advice...I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Get a Nikon.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
          Get a Nikon.

Negative^lol

Comment

Well I like mine. Lol. I allways had problems with my canon that's why I said that.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
              Well I like mine. Lol. I allways had problems with my canon that's why I said that.
              If you don't mind me asking...what kind of problems?

Comment

canon

Comment

[ATTACH]220117[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    [ATTACH]220117[/ATTACH]
                    Which one would you recommend? I'd be willing to spend anywhere between $500-800 so that I have room to get an upgraded lens.

Comment

Mine came in last week, just under 370 clicks, looks and functions like new. My second 100% positive Nikon refurbished purchase. Just under your budget new, if you want.

Get this or this to save $200 for interiors, but definately get a flash.

Get this for some exteriors/everyday use

This flash for interior shots

Comment

Canon 17-55 2.8 & Canon 10-22.

Comment

Working...
                        X