• Show
Clear All

Just got a new TOY Canon T2I

Click image for larger version

Name:	camera.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	24842554

18.0-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor; DIGIC 4 image processor for high image quality and speed
    Kit includes 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens
    ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light; enhanced 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system
    Improved EOS Movie mode with manual exposure control and expanded recording 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
    Wide 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor; dedicated Live View/Movie shooting button
    New compatibility with SDXC memory cards, plus new menu status indicator for Eye-Fi support

Now what should I look for on some good glass. Any info would be nice.

Any help on glass??

Comment

Originally posted by HandiKap Bowhunter View Post
      Any help on glass??
      Are you asking for donations?

Lenses are where the money goes. You never have enough. Start with a good walk-around zoom like.... Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens.

Then you'll end up wanting an ultra-wide angle lens line a Tokina 11-16mm, a longer high quality zoom like a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L or a Canon 300mm f/4 prime lens, a fisheye, a macro, and...........

It never ends.

Comment

My two cents. Spend some time using your kit lens. See what kind of photography you like shooting. Do a lot of reading also.

For portrait the Canon 50 1.4 is good.
        Sports - a 70-200 2.8 IS is good.
        Landscape - Canon 10-22 EF-S (but will not work on a full frame if you ever want to move to one)

My favorite - Canon 24-70 2.8 L, great lens!!

There is no shortage of lenses to choose from. The good one cost more but they give far better results. They also hold their resale value better than the cheaper lenses. Canon's L series are the best for the most part, but they will take a big chunk out of your wallet.

Comment

I have done a lot of shooting with my 35 mm and have a great eye for landscape and outdoors. Thanks Shane it sounds like I got to save some cash. Definately need to get a 200 to 300 range zoom.

Comment

That is a pretty nice camera you got there. Congrats on the new toy.

Comment

Working...
            X