Photo printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo printer

Am in the market for a new printer. Any feedback on printers that produce good photo's would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

I just orderd an Epson Artisan 50. It will be here in a week.
    I'll review it after I use it.

I have read good things on it for being $100

Comment

I have the standard HP all in one deal that is around $75-100. I have printed a few pictures and it worked well, but they came out a little dark. Uncalibrated monitor so I am still investigating that one. I just take a flash drive to Walgreens and print whatever I need- seems cheaper to me. If you have wireless interet set up, get a wireless printer.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

I got the Epson in yesterday, and so far it is top notch. Printing my wedding invitations on it and they look great.

Comment

I bought the HP Photosmart WiFi unit. Can't remember the model number off hand. The pictures are pretty ok, but I have trouble with the printer not staying connected to my network. I routinely have to delete and re-install the printer... looking to get rid of it and go with another model myself.

Comment

I got a Brother LC61, scans, fax,copy and photo capture for just over 100.

Comment

I have a Canon MX860 that works wonders but the cost of ink isn't worth doing it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                  I have a Canon MX860 that works wonders but the cost of ink isn't worth doing it at home.
                  +1^

I upload my pics to SmugMug for storage and sharing, and then I order prints from them. They print through BayPhoto, and their prints are great. Much better than Wally World or CVS or anybody like that. WAY better than any $100 home printer too. For the little bit of cost in printing and shipping, it would take a LOT of prints to break even with the cost of a printer and several ink cartridges.

You can print straight from http://www.bayphoto.com/ if you want to as well.
                  Last edited by Shane; 02-16-2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks Shane - I am giving the smugmug route a look

Comment

I really like my HP Photosmart D7560. Try the photosmarts out. I guarantee you'll love them. I've printed over 5,000 prints on mine. On my Hp officejet pro (not for photos but it is color), i'ved printed 25,000+. I use to be all pro epson now I really like HP products.

Comment

Working...
                      X