Playing with HDR Photos today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with HDR Photos today

It looks almost painted, but I think I like the way it turned out.
    Attached Files

That's cool. HDR's are fun.

Comment

I don't know about photography. What's HDR. By the way, cool pic.

Comment

That is very cool. But i too would like to know what HDR is and how do you do it.

Comment

Really neat

Comment

Originally posted by oif2survivor View Post
            I don't know about photography. What's HDR. By the way, cool pic.
            HDR - High Dynamic Range photography. In a nut shell, you take 3 brackets of the same image. One regular exposure, one 2 stops over and one 2 stops under. With HDR software you then merge the three images together. This gives you detail in both the shadow and the highlights.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by txbassin; 01-16-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Cool shots, txbassin. Those are awesome.

Originally posted by bowhuntvideo View Post
              That is very cool. But i too would like to know what HDR is and how do you do it.
              Here's a pretty good explanation of what it is and how to do it. This is a good bit of reading, but once you understand what it is that you're trying to do it isn't hard at all to produce an HDR image.

Personal Work Event Work Portrait Work Other Arts Work

You need software that will blend multiple images. You can blend 2 or more. 3 is what I do most often, but I've done it with 2 and with as many as 7.

I like to use it at sunset to get detail in the foreground with a sunset in the background. Normally, if you expose to get the sunset sky looking good, you'll have a blacked-out silhouette of everything between you and the sun. When you merge different exposures, you can see more what your eye sees when you look at a scene with a lot of dynamic range (big variation in the amount of light). Your eye can handle it all at once, but a camera can't handle that much of a difference in the light.

Without HDR, my kids, the treestand, and the feeder and all the pasture would have all been black in this picture.

Without HDR, it would have looked more like this. Silhouette pics are cool too. HDR is just another tool to use here and there to get a different look.

I usually try to keep them more realistic looking, but you can really go crazy with the software and get pics that look more like paintings if you want to.

Last edited by Shane; 01-16-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Before & Afters.... ALot of fun to play with. Good explanation of HDR Shane.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's one that I did from Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
                  I love HDR. Of course I added in a bit of rain.
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks I'll be needing an HDR plug-in for LR3

Comment

Working...
                    X