Camera in the stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera in the stand

How many of you take your camera to the stand with you? I was wondering about temperature bothering the camera.

Doesn't get cold or hot enough inTexas to worry about the camera as long as it's wrapped up safely against moisture and then the temperature will affect your optics more than any machine works.
    If going from warm to cold or vice/versa then just make sure you give your camera time to adjust to the temp change and not fog up your lens.

Comment

Pat pretty much nailed it. My first hunt this season I left my quiver in the car but sure as heck had my camera.

Comment

I use my camera in below zero temperatures up here in Wyoming. The key is to make sure that you slowly warm the camera up after being outside so as to not cause a lot of condensation from coming in from the outside into a warm environment. I leave the camera out in the open when I come in from outside rather than having it sealed up in the camera bag.
        Take an extra battery or two, fully charged and keep them inside your coat against your body to keep them warm.
        shooting outside in cold weather is not a problem at all and you should absolutely take your camera to your stand, you never know when the opportunities are going to come for some great shots.

Comment

I use my camera in below zero temperatures up here in Wyoming. The key is to make sure that you slowly warm the camera up after being outside so as to not cause a lot of condensation from coming in from the outside into a warm environment. I leave the camera out in the open when I come in from outside rather than having it sealed up in the camera bag.
          Take an extra battery or two, fully charged and keep them inside your coat against your body to keep them warm.
          shooting outside in cold weather is not a problem at all and you should absolutely take your camera to your stand, you never know when the opportunities are going to come for some great shots.

Comment

I use the sony handycam and have never had a problem!

Comment

I have a petax WP that goes everywhere with me, and yes always with me in the stand.

Comment

Sometimes but mainly for pics to/from the stand. I've given up on getting good wildlife shots until I get a longer lens (just have the kit lens for now).

Comment

Another trick, I used in Wyoming as well. Put your camera (or lense) in a zip lock. It will condensate on the outside. Once the camera is acclimated,you can take it out, or use the bag to seal it when you fire the sled up, or 4 wheeler, or?

Comment

Working...
                  X