Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Nikoners beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikoners beware

If you are in the Market for an intervalometer, don't get the MC-35 if you have a D90. They don't have the 10 pin socket.

I just realized I made that 150ish dollar mistake today.

Looks like I have to buy the D700 so I can use it

Just in case there are any other dummies besides me out there....

IntervalometerFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    An intervalometer is a device which counts intervals of time. (Other names include interval meter and interval timer). Such devices commonly are used to signal, in accurate time intervals, the operation of some other device. For instance, an intervalometer might activate something every 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
      If you are in the Market for an intervalometer, don't get the MC-35 if you have a D90. They don't have the 10 pin socket.

Ouch! This is the one I have except for my Olys. Works well.

Comment

I Have the D80 and at the time when I bought it, it was a well regarded camera for a dedicated enthusiast. I have just bought some new lenses ( yes I got the 105 ) and a SB 600 light so I want to see what I get for my expense. Well now that I have read the reviews on the D7000 I am like you Hillary I am wanting to upgrade. Uuugh this gets expensive. I am not sure though that in the next 2 years they will have some thing that will be even better for the same price. Buying electronic items is a roll of the dice sometimes.
        By the way hillary what if any software do you use for PP of your photos. Any experience with capture NX2?

Comment

Go get the D700, you deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
            Go get the D700, you deserve it!
            What are you shooting Scotty and for how long. Do you feel like you have gotten everything out of what you are currently using? I feel like I still need some more time with the camera I have but I am tempted for sure.
            I actually bought it and kind of lost interest in it for a while and I am just now getting involved with it again.

Comment

I've had a camera in my hands since I was about 5. I started shooting digital with a D70. I upgraded to a D300 about two to three years ago. It is more than adequate, but I am saving hard for a D3s. It runs about $5200. I shoot a lot of sports and the D3s' sensor is rated at 102,400 ISO. That's incredible. You can almost shoot in the dark. It's head and shoulders above the D300. It also has a slightly higher frame rate and is a full frame camera. I'll get one, it'll just take a little time. As for now, the D300 is a great camera and serves my needs very well.

With all that being said about camera wants, pro lenses will have a much greater impact on your photos. The 105 is an excellent lens. My absolute favorite is the 70-200 f2.8. Great for portraits as well as sports. Great lenses are forever. Bodies are almost obsolete after a couple of years.
              Last edited by scotty; 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

My thoughts as well but I do want a solid platform. I will be lurking over the next couple of years to see what comes out. Working off a cash budget and I don't want finance anything so we will see what comes around within budget. I appreciate the comments.

Comment

I know what you mean about financing. We've been cash only for about five years now. Only the mortgage to worry about, and only three years left on that. Right now I'm about half way to the new camera. Hopefully sometime in 2011.
                  Good Luck. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Comment

I have 4 years left on the house and it feels good to be in a place that we are in control of our money insted of it being in control of us. I wish everyone could experience being debt free, not totally but very close. Just the house payment no credit cards or vehicle payment etc. It really does change your life and your outlook on what you can accoplish. I love it.
                    Last edited by iamntxhunter; 01-01-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post

I am in the market which one do I need ? Will this one work RC-N2 ShutterBoss Remote Switch with Digital Timer 49 bucks USB connection

Comment

I agree with Scotty's comments regarding the D700. Go for it and just get it Hillary. I absolutely love mine and can see me using it for several years to come. Since I am not interested at all in video capability within a DSLR, unless Nikon made profound leaps with a new sensor or something, I won't be changing bodies anytime soon.

Comment

Whats wrong with a stopwatch?

Comment

I just realized the other day when reading a photography book that my D300S has Interval recording built in. The D700 has it built in too.

Comment

Working...
                            X