Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon DSLR recommendations

Well the wife's Rebel has some issues

I am either gonna have to pay $230 to get it fixed or they will offer an upgrade at a "special" price. I have to call them to find out how much they are willing to give me on her camera and how much $$ I have to throw in to get upgraded.

Since her Rebel is one of the original digital models, 5mp, small LCD screen, etc I am thinking about upgrading instead of putting more money into an outdated camera.

A 5mp DSLR body probably isn't worth $230, even if it were working properly. I'd upgrade. You'll like the newer one a lot more too.

Comment

Shane I totally agree

Basically I think the T2i Rebel and the 50D and 60D are what are in my price range.
      I have read about these 3 on the Canon website and not real sure the 2 D models are that much better than the Rebel but I am very much the amateur when it comes to cameras.

Comment

I'm not too familiar with the T2i but I looked at all of the Canon bodies that were priced under $3,000 when I got mine. I immediately removed the Rebel series cameras precisely because the bodies don't feel good in my hands. I could be crazy but I truly believe that I shoot better with a larger, more stable camera body. Go play with a 50D or 60D and you will see what I mean. It is a world of difference.

Comment

I put a battery grip on my T2i. That made it about as bulky and heavy as a 60D. The controls are still a little different, and all the other differences are still there. But it's plenty of camera for me.

Comment

Just got off of the phone with Canon's customer loyalyty program rep.

The upgrades are all refurbished units and not all models are available
            Rebel XS 319.99 w/18-55 IS lense
            T1i body $455.99
            50D body $719.20
            7D body $1119.20

All above prices include my old Rebel as trade

I was seriously thinking about the T2i but it is not available

I guess I am going to have to find a local dealer and handle a 50D and check out new prices and warranties. The above models come with a 90day warranty.

Comment

I would go for the 7D for 1100 that is a steal

Comment

The 50D is a great camera. It is very well built and is very solid. If you can't find one to look at, Best Buy and others have the 60D. The controls are laid out the same, almost. It will give you some idea.

Comment

For those price differences and options to me it is almost a no-brainer to go with the 50D or the 7D. If it were me I'd try to find a way to go with the 7D. I currently shoot a 50D and it is much more capable than it's owner but the 7D sure does have some fun features!

Comment

Working...
                  X