Another which Camera thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another which Camera thread

I have been wanting a digital camera for a while. I had a Olympus point and shoot that was waterproof, but didn't like it, mainly cause it didn't have much of a zoom on it.

I have been digging around and just can't decide on which path to go down.

I see Cannon is coming out with a new camera "should be next month" the Cannon SX30 IS. It has a 35x zoom on it and I'm looking for a nice high zoom.

Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Digital Camera

* 35x Zoom Lens (24-840mm Equivalent)
    * Zoom Framing Assist for Telephoto Photos
    * 14.1MP High Resolution
    * 2.7" Wide Vari-angle LCD Display
    * 720p HD Video With Stereo Sound
    * Use Stabilization & Zoom for Video
    * Advanced Smart AUTO for 23 Situations
    * Optical Image Stabilizer for Sharp Pix
    * Powerful DIGIC 4 Image Processor
    * Lithium-ion Rechargeable Batteries

I just got back from looking at the SX20 IS and it was a nice camera. Course its hard to really get a feel for one when its attached to the shelf.

But what I can't decide on is do I spend a little more money and get something that I can grow into more with better lenses?

I don't take many pics as of now. But that is mainly cause all I have is my phone. But I'm looking for something to carry into the woods with me, with the hope of getting some pics of wildlife.

I like the ability to take multiple shoots in a row. Will the SX30 IS allow me to do that?

Originally posted by RedneckMorton View Post
    I have been wanting a digital camera for a while. I had a Olympus point and shoot that was waterproof, but didn't like it, mainly cause it didn't have much of a zoom on it.

I have been digging around and just can't decide on which path to go down.

I see Cannon is coming out with a new camera "should be next month" the Cannon SX30 IS. It has a 35x zoom on it and I'm looking for a nice high zoom.

Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Digital Camera

* 35x Zoom Lens (24-840mm Equivalent)
    * Zoom Framing Assist for Telephoto Photos
    * 14.1MP High Resolution
    * 2.7" Wide Vari-angle LCD Display
    * 720p HD Video With Stereo Sound
    * Use Stabilization & Zoom for Video
    * Advanced Smart AUTO for 23 Situations
    * Optical Image Stabilizer for Sharp Pix
    * Powerful DIGIC 4 Image Processor
    * Lithium-ion Rechargeable Batteries

I just got back from looking at the SX20 IS and it was a nice camera. Course its hard to really get a feel for one when its attached to the shelf.

But what I can't decide on is do I spend a little more money and get something that I can grow into more with better lenses?

I don't take many pics as of now. But that is mainly cause all I have is my phone. But I'm looking for something to carry into the woods with me, with the hope of getting some pics of wildlife.

I like the ability to take multiple shoots in a row. Will the SX30 IS allow me to do that?
    spend a little more a get a dslr, you wont be disapointed

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
      spend a little more a get a dslr, you wont be disapointed
      What makes the dslr so much better?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
        What makes the dslr so much better?
        ?

Comment

You can

1.change lenses, more options means more detail,you can be specific with your composition
          2. You can shoot faster and more. no shutter lag. ever push the button and have to wait a half second?
          3. There are usually more settings to choose from. Don't get me wrong, I have a point and shoot, but if I want to be creative, I can adjust the shutter speeds on a DSLR, and select the depth of field I want. I shoot in manual mode 90 percent of the time.
          4. Larger viewfinder.

I sure others will chime in too

Comment

Working...
          X