Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera suggestions?(Howard's Secretary) =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera suggestions?(Howard's Secretary) =)

HI!!! This is Howard's secretary and I am thinking about getting into photography and was wondering what camera would be a good one to start out with? Any suggestions or tips would be totally be appreciated!!!

This is the one I found that I liked its not an SLR but its an SLR type.. Fujifilm HS10 10 MP 30x zoom.. Price Range is anywhere btw $500-$700..

Thanks a bunch,
    Lisa

I'm not a camera expert but i'll bump you back to the top so maybe someone can help you. I believe SnakeLover and a few others on here are photographers and might be able to help?

Comment

If it were me and I were starting over again and my budget was what you just mentioned....

I would buy THIS, It does full 1080 HD video and is a DSLR, you could buy other lens as you learn to use the camera...

Comment

There is a newer model I was considering. http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/08/c...s-the-video-o/

Comment

Go to Houston Camera Exchange and buy a used D50 and a lens or two. Then buy David Bush's Nikon D50 book. All for under 500.00

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
            HI!!! This is Howard's secretary and I am thinking about getting into photography and was wondering what camera would be a good one to start out with? Any suggestions or tips would be totally be appreciated!!!

This is the one I found that I liked its not an SLR but its an SLR type.. Fujifilm HS10 10 MP 30x zoom.. Price Range is anywhere btw $500-$700..

Thanks a bunch,
            Lisa
            Nikon D90 - and tell Howard he needs to purchase it for you so that his house pictures can be more clearly seen and then write it off as office expense! See if he goes for that!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
              If it were me and I were starting over again and my budget was what you just mentioned....

I would buy THIS, It does full 1080 HD video and is a DSLR, you could buy other lens as you learn to use the camera...
              The T1i is 720p video. The newer T2i is 1080p.

Comment

bump

Comment

I have an olympus E500, really like it, it will do more than I can and still learning. They make several other models that are more or less $$$.

Comment

I own a Canon DSLR and just bought a Canon S3IS off of a fellow TBH'er on here. It has many of the functions as my 30D but doesn't have interchangeable lens. The zoom goes up to 12x optical which is equivalent to over 400MM in a lens for an DSLR. The S3IS is a discontinued camera but you can still find them on the used market. I am sure there is a new model that replaces it but I haven't researched it and don't know what the model # would be. If I were just starting out I would go this route. Unless you are very serious and really wanting to jump in with both feet, a full featured DSLR can be mind boggling. I would also advise you to go with a Canon, NiKon or Olympus....one of the big name players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      The T1i is 720p video. The newer T2i is 1080p.
                      Shane, I was just going off the description that B&H gave....

Canon EOS Rebel T1i (500D) Digital SLR Kit w/EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

* 15.1Mp CMOS Sensor
                      * HD 1080p, 720p, and VGA Video Capture
                      * 3" Clear View LCD with Live View
                      * DIGIC 4 Image Processor
                      * ISO Expandable to 12,800
                      * EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
                      * Compatible w/ 60-plus EF & EF-S Optics

Comment

i have a t2i it shoots 1080. the t1i is about 100 bucks cheaper than the t2i but still a good camera.

Comment

Working...
                        X