Clear All

Perseid

Startrail pic with a perseid:

Great pic

Comment

That's awesome! Great pic.

Comment

How many did you stack?

Great pictures, I'm kicking myself for missing it.

Comment

OK, I'll admit it. I had to look up the word "perseid" to find out it's a meteor. I hadn't noticed it at first, but now I see it! Cool pic!

Comment

That is 418 images stacked. I set the camera up and shot from 9pm -~5am both wed and thursday. Managed to catch about 5 frames with meteors in them that I've found. I'm still trying to process the time lapse. Got a few other stills, here's the best two so far:

Comment

Cool!!

Comment

Do you use a remote trigger, handheld release?

I'm VERY interested in this, I have done a few before, but it never hurts to hear techniques!
                And, are you stacking in photoshop, one at a time? Or is there an easier way?

Comment

nice

Comment

That is so cool. Makes me want to get back into photography.

Comment

Im using this intervalometer.

The first night I shot JPEG LG, 3200iso, f3.5, 23sec, with 4 second intervals. Second night was JPG LG, 2500iso, f3.5, 27 sec, with 3 second intervals.

There's still more noise than I would like in the JPG, I'm gonna switch to Small RAW and iso 1600 next go round. Also because I'm shooting this for time lapse video, I think my intervals are way too short. While it was nice for catching meteors, it doesn't flow as well once you've got it running at 24 or 30fps. Best I can tell most use about a 20-30 second interval between shots for night time TL.

If I were shooting just for the star trails, I'd likely try keeping the shutter open for 5-15 minutes and stack fewer shots.

As for the stacks I'm using the Star Trails Photoshop Action. It's nice you create a black substrate the same size as your photo and point it at the directory with the images you want to stack, it does the rest.

Comment

Can't thank you enough for the info!

Comment

Great shot!

Comment

Very nice work.

Comment

Working...
                            X