Tamron 28-75 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamron 28-75 2.8

Anybody have one? I have a chance to buy a used one, for 175 and I am wondering if its worth it.

I had one for my nikon, it was an excellent lens. After purchasing it I found that the 28mm wasn't quite as wide as I would have liked, but the pic quality of this lens is awesome. And $175 is a great price.

Comment

Hell of a lens. You can read a lot about how people compare it to the L equivalent with some favoring it over the L glass.

Buy it and don't look back.

Comment

Thanks guys, I pulled the trigger on it. Looking forward to trying it out!

Comment

Here is one of my favorite photos I have taken with mine....I agree with above, it is not as wide as I wanted but it is still my everyday lens.

Last edited by Hafernick; 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

For $175....heck yes.
            Even better if it has the Apeture ring...older version without the built in motor.
            Or so it is said.
            if you have a camera that requires the built in motor, then so be it.

Now its funny you have this post here..........

I JUST GOT ONE!! TODAY!! and was logging on to share a pic from it!

quick and dirty I guess, but:
            a crop, lens set wide open, f2.8 I was up pretty close, and this was part of the area of focus:

Now, this lens replaces a Nikon 28-70 f2.8 that I sold last year. Except for losing $ doing that, I am so far happy with thise $300 replacment. I got this one from KEH, so I did pay more than an ebay or CL sale. But they have 100% return policy..
            This will make a good general purpose and even Wedding lens

Comment

Thanks guys, I am anxious to get it and see the difference from my 18-55 kit lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hafernick View Post
                Here is one of my favorite photos I have taken with mine....I agree with above, it is not as wide as I wanted but it is still my everyday lens.

Beautiful picture!

Comment

F2.8 is a whole 'nuther world!

Comment

Really interested in this piece of glass.
                    Thanks for the write up.

Comment

Working...
                    X