Flickr Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr Question

Can you download your original pictures back off of flickr?

Due to a BIG mistake on my part I lost a years worth of pictures. I was able to get a lot of stuff recovered, but not any of my good stuff. Since most of the one's I want back are on flickr, can I contact them and just download them back on my computer?

I think I figured it out. If I upgrade to a Pro account I should be able to access and download the originals. I've been meaning to upgrade for a while now so what better time.

If this is incorrect someone please let me know.

Comment

You are correct. Although... warning... it will be a long slow process. You will have to go to each picture, access the page for the original size, select "download the original size," choose it's destination on your computer and then wait for it to download. Best of luck.

Comment

At least that's the only way I know how to do it. If someone knows how to download multiple originals at once, please speak up!

Comment

Thanks David! So far that is the only way I have figured out how to do it also. I guess it beats the alternative of not having the pictures though! You'd think by now I'd learn to back things up over and over again!!!

Comment

I have three external backup drives. One of them crashed last week!!!! I didn't lose any photos though. I'm really thinking about the online backup services as well.

Comment

Working...
            X