need help finding a good camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help finding a good camera

I am not experienced AT ALL in cameras or taking photographs but have been looking for something relatively inexpensive that has the capability to take decent pictures and video. I was looking at the Nikon Coolpix P100 but decided against it when I heard reviews of background noise when shooting video. I want something along the same lines as in a point and shoot. I mainly want this camera for when Im sitting in the blind watching deer and other wildlife. I will be sitting 20 yds or so from wildlife so being quiet while doing video and taking pictures is definitely a must, does anyone have any suggestions?

You might check this one out. We have an older Canon SD780 and still using it. It works well.
    Canon PowerShot SD780IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Silver). I just looked on Amazon and it was $199

Comment

i was looking for the same type of camera as you. i bought this package off amazon in March and couldn't be happier with it. great pics and really user friendly. two big thumbs up

here are some photos i have taken with it. really please with the quality for a point and shoot camera

Comment

Define relatively inexpensive....

Comment

I have a Panasonic Lumix waterproof point and shoot. It takes great pictures and is easy to use. Leica lens and seems to be quality construction. The non waterproof models are about as inexpensive as you can get in a quality camera. Mine takes HD video, 7 minutes or so at a time.

A number of differenent models, depending on zoom, pixels and price you want:

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            i was looking for the same type of camera as you. i bought this package off amazon in March and couldn't be happier with it. great pics and really user friendly. two big thumbs up

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot...2071879&sr=8-2
            I have a similar, though slightly older model, and can readily endorse it. However, being well known as a cheapskate, I would classify it as moderately expensive.

Comment

Working...
            X