New Camera-Canon SX20 IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Camera-Canon SX20 IS

I bought a new camera a few weeks ago. It is to be my carry all the time camera so I wanted to have a very versatile camera with powerful telephoto for wild life pictures and deer documentation pictures. I have a gardening blog so I wanted to make sure it's close up and macro capabilities were good as well. After studying the possibilities I chose the Canon. There wasn't spit for difference between it, the Nikon and Olympus but the Canon seemed best for macros and close ups. The Olympus seemed the best for telephoto to me, and right after I bought this camera Olympus announced that it was coming out with a 30 power that has dual IS system. I would have gone with the Olympus for 30 power.

I went over to my friend Andy's a couple of evenings ago to see what their deer crop looks like this year. I took the camera so I could check it out on the extremes of what it would do. I wanted to know what the digital telephoto looked like, especially in low light. I must say, I was surprized. I had never seen digital this good before. The pictures are not top photo quality but will work for getting pictures of bucks in the evening and getting them fast.

All these pictures are taken at 20 power or above and with no tri pod, just resting my elbows on a picnic table. I am satisfied with the new camera.
    Attached Files

I just picked up the same camera this week. Haven't had any time to play with it yet. I took a few shots of the kids and I like it so far. Love the 20X.

Comment

All these photos are in the digital telephoto, over twenty power, with two of them being 80 power. Not great pictures at 80 power but good enough to keep up with your deer.

Comment

I bought the same "ride" earlier in the year - LOVE IT!

Comment

Working...
        X