A pic of my girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
    These are not "Real" APT's. I have a "pit" and had one before this one. Both registered and both GREAT dogs. When treated right these make great family dogs and hunting buddies. Mine is much fatter than WindWalkers though. Lazy sucker! lol Wouldn't trade him for any other dog though. Sure makes me and the wife more comfortable when I'm outta town to have a 75# pit bull in the house with her and my little boy. He'd die without a second thought to protect them/us...
    We're on the same page...I've got a pit mix that I adopted in April.

I think my post was a bit misunderstood. What I meant is that the dogs above are what people should think of when they hear APT. Not the overly muscular dogs that we see chained to a rapper's arm or marauding neighborhoods as the media would have us believe....these are usually some sort of mix between any of the many bully breeds or just mutts. Then they're improperly labeled as "pits". Go figure.

Mine is only 42# and probably wouldn't raise an eyebrow if someone broke in...other than to beg for a treat.

Comment

I rescued my pit from the Walmart parking lot in Green Valley, AZ. she was just a tiny thing maybe 3 months old, shes 7 years old now and still loves to sit in my lap till I get tired of her being there. Shes about 50 lbs of teeth and bark so nobody comes in the yard without me or the wife telling the dog its ok . Ive got a 7 1/2 ft tall block wall to keep her in and the rest of the world out. Shes only brought blood once and that was from the owner of a kennel where we boarded her while we were on vacation. After that incident we put in auto feeders and waterers so we can leave her at home and let neighbors she knows check on her once in a while. She has the run of the house thru the doggy door in the laundry room.

Comment

Another one of my wifes pooches

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rasp0000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	23946394

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Great job!

Comment