Old Timer Needs Help Or Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Timer Needs Help Or Info

Want to transfer a "lot" of old slides to disk, live in the San Antonio area, any info as to WHO or WHERE would be helpful

slides as in kodachrome slides?

Comment

Correct

Comment

I hope someone here can help you. I need to know the process also.

Comment

There are several online photography labs that do this work. You send them the negatives and they do the work transferring everything to CD and it's all shipped back to you.

slides, digital, conversion, 35mm, CD, DVD, scanning, service, film, transparency, kodak, kodachrome, eltachrome, fuji, best,

Digital Pro Lab is a full services photo lab, providing professional printing, negative developing and scanning services. Located in San Antonio, Texas.

Comment

Guess I want it done the hard way - NO Negatives - just have the slides from many years ago taken down in S America Will try a couple of locals photo studios when I get back in town & if I find someone will let you know Thanks

Comment

I gotcha!!!!

Here's a National chain that does this service

Unlock the full potential of your cherished photographs with DigMyPics' top-tier photo scanning services. Transform your prints into high-resolution digital formats, ensuring your memories are preserved, sharable, and accessible. Fast, secure, and handled with care, our services are designed to breathe new life into your precious moments.

Here's a local guy in San Antonio that does the same deal. Just mention you need the Flatbed Scanner service.

River City Silver is one of San Antonio’s premier full-service professional photo labs, offering digital scanning and printing.

I scanned a bunch of my old photos on a cheap flatbed scanner several years ago. It took me literally months to complete, scanning one photo at a time. After scanning the image to my computer, it took literally hours to clean them up via software...which I haven't completed all yet.

In hindsite, I should have this done professionally. The scanners used in the photo - digital coversion by professional shops are typically high dollar machines (thousand+ dollar pieces) and the software used to manipulate the images is high cost as well.

Let me know if you hook up with the River City Silver guy. I may need to visit him to cover the rest of my old stuff and maybe use him for some photo prints of my newer stuff.

Hope this helps

Rob

Comment

Hay - Thanks - Will contact them when I get back in town

Comment

I just bought a scanner that will do slides and film. I could do it for you but it wont' be until after Jan before I come home.

Comment

Working...
                  X