Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
    Nope! Wanna see the original? YUCK!
    Please post both, side by side, for comparison.
    All that camera mumbo jumbo ya'll were talking sounded like Greek to me ... I'd like to be able to see the difference.

Comment

Let me see if I can get this to work.

Original photo just resized

Cropped post production

Comment

My untrained eye doesn't know what to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          My untrained eye doesn't know what to look for.
          Look for details, just like you would comparing mounts from a good taxi to mounts done by a hack.

Most people just look at the antlers on a mount and never notice the little details that really make an excellent mount great.

Same with pictures. Most people are so used to looking at snapshots from their cell phones that they don't pay attention to the details, sharpness, color saturation, composition, and all the other things that make an image really good (or not).

Comment

Very first thing is what is the picture trying to relay? Wedding! Not neighbors taking pictures or how pretty the tree is. That stuff is junk that you can not always keep out of a shot and needs to be worked out of the shot.

The next step is looking for details and the stuff Shane said. Look at her dress/flowers; look at her dad's jacket/tie/shirt. There is not detail, no lace, no lines no nada. This shot is what is known as over exposed. Problem is that the photographer shot it in JPG and since JPG compresses the pixels of a photo and the more you work trying to get blacks/whites/shades/white balance.......... the more you pixelate the photo. The only way to fix that is to try and soften the photo which takes away from the point of the photo and that is a crisp clean properly exposed photo. You can shoot the shot in RAW and have a lot more "room" for editing without killing the integrity of the photo.

Got it Taxi? If not, go buy a book cause I am tired of typing

So, Shane and others, what is the grade on the edit I did?

Can you give me some tips on doing anything different?

Comment

I'll give you a grade later. I can't see Flickr pics at work.

Comment

This photo is a 8x10 print crop. I have opened up the original so you can see the detail better. Sorry for the softness and noise but some dumbass shot it on ISO 1000 on a cloudy day.

Comment

The wrinkle just above his nose inbetween his eyes shows true sorrow and saddeness. You cannot fake that. That is one of the ways you can tell if someone is lying about feeling sad...etc. The song butterfly kisses comes to mind.

Comment

Come on take that step, it's your time to follow me! What a photo! Priceless.

Comment

You get an A for that one, Danny. Good work!

Comment

up near the top of the list of hardest things a Dad can do

nice

Comment

Ran a one hour photo print of this last night and it came out fine. I am going to frame it and send it to my father-in-law with a note...

Comment

Great stuff Danno. A priceless moment. Glad you were able to salvage it.

J.P.

Comment

VERY cool! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great picture. And I think anyone who has a daughter knows what is going through his mind and where the tears are coming from.

Comment

Working...
                                X