Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assistance with Special Digital Camera purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance with Special Digital Camera purchase.

Assistance with Digital camera purchase. I will soon be wanting to purchase a new camera for my wife, 22 years together. A little background. I purchased her a refurbished pocket digital camera about three years ago when she got home from a very long hospital stay. I am looking to upgrade to something a bit better. Price is a consideration. Now for the special needs. My wonderful bride had two strokes at the same time. She has lost most of the feeling in her right hand but it is fully functional. Controls must be simple with large buttons. I would say how about a left handed camera but I have never seen one. I was once a decent photo bug and sill have my Olympus OM-1N and all the lenses for it so I don’t know if these can be used on a new digital body or not. Any help you good people can provide will be welcome.

Yes, I believe you can use the lenses. How much did you want to spend? I'd actually recommend a DSLR because the controls tend to be fairly large.

That said, I think some of the touch screen point and shoot cameras might be good too since they'd be 'either handed' except for the shutter release. That could make things easier.

Set up a PayPal account, brother. I'll pitch in a bit, and I'm sure others would help too. Sounds like you both could use a break I'd be happy to help.

Comment

Not truly left handed, but is held vertically so I think it could be held in either hand. Is actually a video camera, but takes stills as well. Not sure if picture quality would be better than what she has but might be more user friendly.

Comment

MC, thanks for the offer to help, God Bless you, I think I used the wrong words to get help with picking a camera. I can come up with the funds as I have a few months to rat hole some cash. I am thinking DSLR as they do have big buttons. I have not really gotten into the new stuff. So, do I understand the old standard bayonet lens fit these new digital cameras ? I could just get a DSLR body and she can use my old lenses
        Last edited by JBS; 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

unless you really want a high end DSLR I'd look for a packagw with a couple of lenses; they are fairly cheap (think Nikon D40/60 kits).

you said money was a consideration, and while it did not at all look to me like you were asking for any help getting this, it was something that I think deserves to be special without being a burden. If I can help with that and you are willing, i'd be happy to. 22 years of marriage is something that should be honored bby you two as well as society at large. I just feel like it would be good to do my bit to honor thise whovw made your level of comittment.

Comment

Good Cameras

You can't go wrong with anything Cannon. If you want something really nice then go with the Cannon SLR.

Comment

Thanks’ for everyone’s help I had some unexpected work come into the shop and got her the camera below early, now she can photo this very colorful spring. I’m charging the battery now.

Nikon
              D5000
              Lens
              AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR

Comment

Good choice on the camera. My Girlfriend has has the same camera and it is amazing. i took it a step lower and got the D3000 and am regreting not getting the d5000 or the d90.

Comment

I had an Olympus Evolt 500 with the 2 lens kit, and it took good pictures. Easy to use. Upgraded to a Nikon D200 and love it, but the Oly was a good value.

Comment

Working...
                  X