Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit a bullet

and gave B&H a chunk of money:

LensCoat LELC100400M4 Lens Cover for Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS Lens - Realtree Max4 HD

Canon CA14XEF2 1.4x EF Extender II (Teleconverter)
    USA

LensCoat LELCHLSNM4 Large Hoodie Lens Hood Cover for 4.25 to 4.75" Diameter (Realtree Max4 HD )

Canon CACP77 2583A002 77mm Circular Polarizing Glass Filter

Canon CA100400LIS 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Autofocus Lens
    USA

I figured I'd try the Canon teleconverter after good but mixed results with a Kenco 1.5.
    Same with the Canon filter after poor results with a Hoya filter.

I held the trigger on a 50D until I totally explore all possibilities with my Xti Rebel and this lens. I've rented the lens a couple of times and have had great results.

Several years of savings up in "good" smoke

Congrats on the new glass! Post some pics!

Comment

Nice Mr. Bailey, looking forward to some results with the new equipment.

Comment

sweet setup.....can't wait for the pics. I think I will rent the 100-400 next time I rent one

Comment

I also didn't realize the 100-400 would take a canon extender. That's good news in my book

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
            I also didn't realize the 100-400 would take a canon extender. That's good news in my book
            I don't think the Canon TC will work properly with the lens in auto focus. There is a statement in a compatability drop down menu in the B&H site for the lens. The guys at B&H also will tell you it won't work properly. You can make the lens work by applying a small piece of electrical tape to four of the electrical contacts in the TC. There are articles on doing this on the net.
            However, my Kenko 1.5X TC seems to work well except at full out 400mm, but I think that's just the nature of the beast with telephoto zoom lenses.

Comment

Some controversy abot the TC working with the 100-400mm.
              Here's the fix if necessary: http://www.michaelfurtman.com/taping_the_pins.htm

Comment

Working...
              X