First try at taking pics at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First try at taking pics at night

This was in Clifton Texas and taken Sunday night. This was my first try at a night time picture. Still learning.

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Files

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
    This was in Clifton Texas and taken Sunday night. This was my first try at a night time picture. Still learning.

Thanks
    Chris
    The courthouse in the picture is the Hill County Courthouse in Hillsborough, not Clifton. For those of you who may be from Hill County. Chris wanted me to let you know.

tease

Comment

If you try it again on a tripod it will make a world of difference.

Comment

I will next time. Going to get one this week.

Chris

Comment

Yep...for nighttime photography, you really do need a tripod. I've even set the camera on the hood of my truck, tried to get it as level as possible, then used the 10-second shutter delay to make sure I don't move the camera in any way when the shutter closes. Gotten a few decent results in a pinch doing that.

Comment

I am in Paris tonight and we never made it back to the hotel to get my tripod. I used any static object I could get to get some pics of Notre Dame and all of the other 3 mile hike back to the hotel... We took a day tour but when it was quitting time they dropped us off when it was time to go. I am glad I picked up a Garmin Dakota 20 before we left. It has been a life saver.

Comment

Working...
            X