Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the new year, 365 contest

Has anyone heard of/ever tried the 365?

Take at least one picture everyday, process it and publish it. Then after 1 year see how much you have improved?

It is my New Year's goal, (I don't like the term resolution), I am going to take at least 1 picture every day for a year. I may not process them every day, but I will number them 1-365 and date them accordingly. Even if it is a horrible picture.
    It will help me carry my camera more and see things in a new "light"

Anyone else game on going along on the journey with me?

We might get a thread going since the contests are falling off the map...

Feedback and thoughts?

A somewhat of a friend of mine did this on another site. He really stuck with it, its gotta be tough to remember every day. Good luck for all who decide to do it.

Comment

I'll be quite honest, I don't have the dedication for it. Good luck to any that try, I'll watch the thread.

Comment

I wish I was that resolute. Great idea too. I think I will give it a try anyway.

Comment

i've heard of it, but have never done it. i would like to do it but i'm afraid i would forget more often than not to take a picture.

Comment

Let's light this candle Woman!!!!!

I'm in Hilly!

Comment

I'm in. Or at least I'll try. Are we going to upload and link to our Flickr/Photobucket,Etc. accounts?

Comment

I think this is gonna be cool. I might even give it a shot too.

Comment

I think that would be cool to be able to follow along via photobucket or some kinda other image hosting site. I would love to see the pictures my wife is really into photography her father does weddings and family reunions and stuff it is cool.

Comment

I might try the 12. Or even the 52. But 365? Nope!

I'll have fun watching yours, though!

Comment

I am going to add my pictures to my own Flickr and then update them weekly on my blog, kind of a journal on how it goes, why I took the pictures that I did, etc.
                      Basically my camera is going to be on my side every day of 2010.

I think we should make a somewhat of "eternal" thread for the photography section, titled "365"
                      Every week, add one of your pictures from the week, and explain who, why, what you learned, or something that you would like to share about the image; things you have learned, tips, tricks, ect.

I am going to add 7 new images every Sunday to my blog

I am going to try and think of themes for myself individually, maybe one week shoot all high ISO, one week shoot in shutter priority, one week shoot only with a remote, etc..

The goal in this operation is to become a better photographer by getting to understand my gear and shooting more.

Join me, if you wish. It is going to be in interesting ride

Comment

I'd love to do the 365 thing, but there is no way I will. With a job, civic and church commitments, a wife, and two active kids (not to mention hunting, fishing, playing guitar, AND photography), I have a LOT of things I wish I could do daily. It just can't happen. I like to sleep too.

If I could do it, I'm confident it would make me a better photographer. Best of luck to you, Hillary. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I know it will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                          I might try the 12. Or even the 52. But 365? Nope!

I'll have fun watching yours, though!
                          X2
                          I think ill shoot (no pun intended) for the 12 and hope for the 52. Anything will be an improvement. Cool idea though.

Comment

I haul my cameras with me everywhere...everyday. The point and shoot fits my pocket and I can lean on it when I'm pressed to carry the DSLR gear.

Updates may take several days between shoot sessions but...I will snap something each day to cover the period.

Guess I'll make a FLICKR collection and name it "THE 365."

Comment

That's what I was thinking too rob. Flickr 365.

Comment

Working...
                              X