niko p90 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

niko p90 ?

i am thinking about getting this camera for my girlfriend for xmas. has anyone ever had any experience with this camera? any feedback?

I actually bought one a week ago. I had bought the d3000 but after having it in my hands and realizing that it doesn't have "liveview" which is were you can use the lcd screen as the view finder I returned it and opt'ed for the p90which does, as well as a tiltable screen. I can't say much for the d3000 because I didn't know what I was doing with it, b/c I planned on diving in feet first. Having to use the eye viewfinder on a camera of that price to me I felt kinda cheated, and the d5000 which has the liveview option and may or may not have been a couple megapixels was 2 more ben franks.

I'm really inpressed with it so far for a point and shoot it has an awesome 24x digital zoom on it. From just sitting around playing with I've noticed you can't get as advanced with it as if you did have a DLSR but it does have advance modes or a great auto option. Hope this helps

BTW I took the following picture in auto mode 5 minutes out of the box
    Attached Files

Comment

Got the camera last year because of the 24X zoom. VERY VERY DISAPOINTED, returned after 3 days. Actually took fair to good outdoor pics but indoor is horrible, I could draw better with a crayon. Still liked the zoom, if my computer wasn't in the shop I'd post some long range pics that turned out fair, but all indoor and soft light pics were horrible

Comment

Guys, you're a lot better off using the viewfinder on a camera than the screen in back. When you use the viewfinder the camera is pressed against your face, which helps to steady the camera. When you use the screen, the camera is free to shake and move around. If you were always able to use a fast shutterspeed, you would be ok. But you can't. You'll get much sharper pictures overall if you use the viewfinder, with both arms tucked under the camera. Your left hand supports the lens and your right holds the camera. Plus, using the screen runs your battery down MUCH faster.

Comment

Working...
        X