Christmas come early...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas come early...

So I pulled the trigger on a Nikon D90 with the 18-105mm AF-S DX Nikkor kit lens and Nikon Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom Lens. Really like everything I've read and seen on these units and looking forward to figuring out how to snap some quality pics. Don't know the first place to start and there are sure a lot of buttons and dials on this thing, Hope I'm not in too deep here. Any good resources, whether online or whatever, that have been helpful to any of you would be appreciative. For now I'm just going to snap pic after pic and maybe get a good one or two in the mix.

Kenrockwell.com can help a little.
    He can be a little intense every once and a while.

I am a huge fan of the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson
    It will help you a lot about understanding how to use the many modes made on your camera.
    Also, read the camera manual front to back!

Enjoy it. It is a great camera!

Comment

Appreciate the information Hillary! I'll check out that book and go from there.

Comment

Enjoy the new toy, just once you start man it really hard to stop and then next thing you know you are that guy taking pictures in the middle of a street bc you think the penny laying just HAS to be shot lol enjoy bro

Comment

Our own Russell Graves has an EXCELLENT book that is a great place to start your learning process. Get it here:

http://www.amazon.com/KODAK-Basic-Di...tt_at_ep_dpi_1

Comment

Congrats on the new addition! Get to posting some pics soon!

Comment

Working...
            X