Lens Help: Nikon D60 compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens Help: Nikon D60 compatability

I stopped by Fort Worth Camera on Monday, because I wanted to rent a fisheye lens, but they told me it would not work and basically I needed to upgrade to at least a D90 which would be another $500 or so, which is ridiculous. For my first camera, I like the D60 and it was a gift so I do not want to trade it in nor sell it. Do you know if any options or a website I can go to to help me find optional lenses?

I would like to try the fisheye, along with a micro, and a tele lens or at least look at options in those categories.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Your issue is with the focus. The lens might not autofocus with the D60. a lot of lenses have no internal focus motor. you could still manual focus, although i don't know anything about doing that with a fisheye.

AF with D40/60

Good Lens Resource:

Comment

You are not going to find a fisheye that Nikon makes that will autofocus on your D60.

The other lenses might be availabe, but I know that the 16mm and the 10.5mm fisheyes won't focus on the D60.

I don't think that manual focus will be that hard to do on your D60 if you would stilll ike to give it a chance. I know I use my fisheye mainly for landscape shots, a few others here and there, so I leave my Ap wide open, and usually my focus to infinity....

Search around and see what you find, let us know.

Comment

Wrong link on the AF, my mistake.

Comment

the lense CAN'T be an AF lense or it won't auto focus with the D60. It needs to be an AF-S lense to autofocus with the D60

Comment

Google KenRockwell.com---he has a bunch of info on Nikons. It's well written for non-professional photographers (ie dummies like me!!). When I was looking for a Nikon body and lens his info helped make an informed decision.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

I had the same problems with my D40. All the good stuff wouldn't work with it. I upgraded to the D90.

Comment

I want to upgrade to the D90, but.....$$$$ I am saving now though and soon I will be elite! I like the D60, especially since this is my first camera. But I want more options. With more options though, the more money I will spend. Dang hobbies!
                  Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X