Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK...Finally Starting to Look at a New Camera! Need Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...Finally Starting to Look at a New Camera! Need Help.

I have been away from photography for a while now. We used to have an EOSV film camera with some good lenses and accys. Sold all of it to go digital. I kept my bags, Slik Tripod and some misc stuff, but I am bascially starting from scratch.

I have somewhat kept up and know the basics, but would like some of your advise.

Details:

Would like to stay in the $400-$600 range (if possible) for body and a decent lens (lenses?).

Not opposed to used.

I like Canons (started with an old AE-1 years ago), but I am open. I know the Nikons are great as well, so I don't want this to turn into a Matthews vs Bowtech discussionl

My goal is to buy a nice zoom lens next (asap).

OK, your thoughts??

Also best sources? Websites? etc?

Thanks for the help!

J.P.

I've bought used stuff from TexasPhotoForum.com's classifieds as well as Photography-on-the.net's classifieds, and of course eBay. New stuff from B&H Photo.

A Canon XSi or T1i body would probably fit your bill. I'd definitely get the T1i if you could find one in your budget. Video capabilities.....

Comment

stick with Bowtech.

Comment

You could try this or this, works for me. I have the 70-300 and it's a great lens for the money.

Comment

Working...
        X