X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year after hurricane Ike

cool photo journalism

be sure to click images to see before/after

That entire webpage gave me goosebumps, good find Legdog.

The 2 pics of High Island were by far the coolest...

Oh goodness, the one with the older lady and the dog on the couch (#9). That was a good one too. And don't forget about the pimp with a Red Stripe....

That was good stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the posting Legdog.

Comment

Thanks for the link Steven...pretty incredible.

Comment

Chills

Comment

Thanks for the link. #10 was amazing to me. Didnt realize that was seawall blvd until i clicked to see it today.

Comment

Cool Pics

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It literally hits home as I grew up in Galveston. The recovery down here is slow but steady.

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this. I have spent many a good time with my wife at the Outrigger deck during our wedding anniversity trips to Galveston and Crystal Beach. And Lecroys Bistro is some yummm good stuff. I look forward to returning to our normal memorial day wedding anniversity trips there.
                  And a big congrats to the good folks there for being Texans and perservering.

Comment

Oh yes, that was a good memorial.. thanks

Comment

Cool site, thanks for posting.

Comment

The storm hit that saturday the 13th, I took off a full week to go help my family members in Bridge City. I arrived Monday evening to find the flood waters were still very high in some spots and not even being able recognizing my hometown, all but 14 houses were flooded, it was total devastation. My dad, brother, uncles and aunts, cousins, and grandparents gutted 4 houses in that week. The water levels varied in spots, both of my aunts houses measued over 6 feet of water inside, it looked like eveything in the house went through a wash cycle, the icebox was in the bathroom(no idea how that happened), mattresses in the kitchen, several inches of mud on the floors, fish, crabs, snakes and dead animals were everywhere. My parents had 20 inches and grandparents only had 30 inches. According to pops there are still about 60% of the town that is not back in there homes. I lived there 18 years and never got hit, they have been hit 3 of the last 5. alot of families are moving north of I10. its a slow recovery

Comment

Thanks Steven.
                          Last edited by Tmag; 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Here's a few shots of the lodge at Central Flyway Outfitters that was located next to the National Wildlife Refuge south of Winnie. 7 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2 living rooms, billiard room, double kitchen, 2 car garage turned into a wet room for waders, dogs, and decoys.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	78383.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	23901608

Name:	19198.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	23901609

Name:	95852.jpg