200grn Iron Will vs. Boar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200grn Iron Will vs. Boar

Decided to try these broadheads out. So far, so good. Me likey.
    Enjoy the video!

Great shot

Comment

nice video and great shot. Thats a big one

Comment

Great all around sir!

Comment

Heck yeah good shot!
          Congrats

Comment

200gn up front, are you moving to the dark side?

Comment

Nice shot. What’s the rest of the arrow setup

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  200gn up front, are you moving to the dark side?
                  Never. Just gathering the proper info before I put a video out there on why its not needed. Does it work...yes. Is it practical...no.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                    Nice shot. What’s the rest of the arrow setup
                    Total arrow consist of an Easton Injexion 280. FireNock Aero Outsert (size 6.5), Nockturnal G nock, and 200grn Iron Will single bevel. Total arrow weight is 592.

Comment

Great video, couldn’t agree more about the joy and difficulty of hunting big pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Great shot and great video!

Comment

Originally posted by Texomabowhunter View Post
                            Never. Just gathering the proper info before I put a video out there on why its not needed. Does it work...yes. Is it practical...no.
                            Guess I should elaborate on the practicality of that setup. IF all you were doing is shooting really big boars (or larger game) from a stationary position (like I have been doing), at 25-30yrds and in, then I think that a heavy arrow build would be ideal. Also on a side note, it makes my bow extremely quiet and I generally enjoy shooting the heavier arrow. However, I feel like that setup is very single dimensional in the fact that yes, it does get optimal penetration, but it lacks in other areas. I have killed four pigs now with the larger grain 2 blade broadheads and the blood trails have been extremely poor to poor in comparison to other 3 or 4 blade lighter grain heads (I'm still planning on shooting several more with it before I give a final assessment). The heavier arrow definitely helps with boars pushing 200 pounds and up, but honestly killing a boar that size and above is a rare sight for me and probably most of us. I've killed hundreds of pigs with my bow and only about 3-5% make up that 200# and up club.

I said IF earlier because most of us probably don't set up our equipment for just shooting large hogs or larger game from fixed positions. Heavier arrows equate to larger pin gaps and less room for error when it comes to judging or ranging your target. I use my same setup for pretty much everything from turkey to elk (when I get to go) and I want a more versatile setup that gives me the best weight to speed ratio while leaving great blood trails. For me that is an arrow around 460 grains with a large cutting 3-4 blade head. On a final note, the most important factor in penetration is not how heavy (or light) your arrow is, or the FOC, but whether or not your bow is tuned to the particular arrow you intend on using. If your arrow is not flying perfectly straight then you are loosing penetration upon impact. I will hit more on the topic soon with an upcoming video. I just want to make sure I do my due diligence and can provide unequivocal proof rather than just give another opinion. Sorry for the long read.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X