Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Overnight Kayak and Camp on the Upper Guadalupe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always your kayak trip videoes. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Micheal once again great video with information. I searched your channel for the goat video but did not see the title. Did you say you killed a goat?

As another poster stated you all made it look so easy. I guess if everybody knows what to do then it would go smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that looks fun!!! Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Always fun to watch your vids Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            Micheal once again great video with information. I searched your channel for the goat video but did not see the title. Did you say you killed a goat?

As another poster stated you all made it look so easy. I guess if everybody knows what to do then it would go smooth.

Mary, Colette and I did a day trip and encountered a few dead or dying critters.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfo9nqACjSU"]Kayak Camping - Catch and Cook on the Upper Guadalupe - TBHVJ 38 - YouTube[/ame]
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Now that looks like an absolute blast!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                Always love to watch your videos. I would think it takes a lot of work to do these trips but they seem so relaxed and peaceful! You guys make it look easy!
                Thanks for sharing!
                It does take some planning and acquiring a bit of gear - our first few trips I was essentially responsible for outfitting all 5 kayaks - but once on the water it is definitely relaxing. It seems we have one or more new paddlers each trip, but now that most of our "core group" has experience paddling and setting up camp, it has gotten much more efficient.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great video Michael! It didn't look like that a week later!

Don't ask me how I know...

Comment

Living Right!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                      Great video Michael! It didn't look like that a week later!

Don't ask me how I know...
                      That was crazy!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Mary, Colette and I did a day trip and encountered a few dead or dying critters.

Kayak Camping - Catch and Cook on the Upper Guadalupe - TBHVJ 38 - YouTube

Not sure how I missed that one. That was a great video. Did you ever find her paddle? That leash is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          Not sure how I missed that one. That was a great video. Did you ever find her paddle? That leash is a good thing.

LOL! No, we never found it and didn't even realize what happened until I got back and started editing the video. We tether everything now (and carry at least one spare paddle!)
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Michael,
                            Any idea what the flow was at Comfort that weekend? Looked REAL low! We've never floated it that low. It was sitting at 103 this morning which is getting marginal for us to float with tubes. Still ok for Kayaks though. We are having our big campout this weekend on that same stretch of water (about halfway down your first days float on the left side-where Flat Rock creek enters the river). 36th year. Great video as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                              Michael,
                              Any idea what the flow was at Comfort that weekend? Looked REAL low! We've never floated it that low. It was sitting at 103 this morning which is getting marginal for us to float with tubes. Still ok for Kayaks though. We are having our big campout this weekend on that same stretch of water (about halfway down your first days float on the left side-where Flat Rock creek enters the river). 36th year. Great video as usual.
                              It was 69.5 the day before, but was supposedly going to be around 75 the day we launched (at Comfort). Y'all have fun! We may be in the neighborhood!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great video! I’m guessing y’all stayed on Saturday night as we were at my sister in laws ranch in Comfort Sunday evening and a heck of a storm came through! Wouldn’t have wanted to be in a hammock...

Comment

Working...
                                X