Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Overnight Kayak and Camp on the Upper Guadalupe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video!!! Looked like an awesome trip!

Comment

I'd like to here more details! Sounds fun!

Comment

Looks like a great time man I wish I wasn't so old.

Comment

Enjoyed it!

Comment

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great video and awesome trip as always!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                I thought that was the law but have seen some of those crazy land owner videos the kayak fisherman post on YouTube.
                Thank you
                I've seen a few of those vids. I think some of those guys intentionally go where they know they'll find trouble. Makes for good content, I guess.

I think most people with property along the "big" rivers probably know the law. I think some of what you see on YT is probably smaller streams and creeks that are more likely to run right through the middle of somebody's private property, and the interpretation of "navigability" might be a little more of a gray area.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Where do y'all put in and take out on a trip like that?

Comment

Great video sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Where do y'all put in and take out on a trip like that?
                      Any public crossing with parking access. On this trip, I10 at Comfort to 1376 @ Sisterdale.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Any public crossing with parking access. On this trip, I10 at Comfort to 1376 @ Sisterdale.
                        Y'all just stage a truck at the takeout and then go back and get the other vehicles? You leave them parked at the putin at I-10?

Comment

Awesome video, one day I would love to take the family and do a trip like this!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Y'all just stage a truck at the takeout and then go back and get the other vehicles? You leave them parked at the putin at I-10?
                            A lot of kayak rental places offer shuttle services that will drop off and pick up at the arranged crossings. We did this several times for day trips on Mountain Forks (near Broken Bow) with my church group when I lived in Paris.

For the overnighters we've done in recent years, we've staged one vehicle at the take out and then left another vehicle at the put in. (Wife and I did one trip last year where a friend (Les' daughter) picked us up and shuttled us back to the put in. On our Animas trip, TBHer Stins (Travis and Elizabeth) were staying with family and they dropped us off and then shuttled my vehicle to the takeout early the next morning).

Because we typically have bigger groups coming from different locales, we require multiple vehicles to transport all our yaks, so it works out well for us to just stage vehicles at put in and take out at the "local" rivers.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              Awesome video, one day I would love to take the family and do a trip like this!
                              It has been a GREAT activity that our family can enjoy together. My oldest daughter doesn't really enjoy paddling, but the other two girls always want to go if they're able.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Always love to watch your videos. I would think it takes a lot of work to do these trips but they seem so relaxed and peaceful! You guys make it look easy!
                                Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                                X