Skimmer....the two shot skim...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured I'd put the video over here in the library of TBH videos. For those that missed the write-up and explanation for the two shots, it's linked below...

And the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV1YzgCnd0w&t=10s"]Skimmer No Brows - YouTube[/ame]

That’s crazy. I thought the first shot might have been a little low and possibly a touch back but it looks like that camera angle was deceiving.

Can’t believe that deer was still alive after the first shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice going Jason, Congrats!

Comment

yes sir that was od for him to take that 1st shot. Did you check him out when you gutted him did your broad-head not open or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by moon View Post
          yes sir that was od for him to take that 1st shot. Did you check him out when you gutted him did your broad-head not open or what ?

Yes it opened. It's all covered in the writeup/link above ... Autopsy showed I hit lower liver, lower end of the lung and nicked the front paunch with a complete passthrough. Second shot all heart. ... also a passthrough

See yellow..

Last edited by Smart; 12-31-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, when I 1st started bowhunting my mentor told me to always have a 2nd arrow @the ready incase you need it.

Comment

Nice shootin’ Schmarty!!

Comment

Great video! Excellent shooting and thanks for sharing!

Comment

I have been out for a while as far as hunting goes, I used to shoot rocky mountain premier broadheads. Since they don't make them anymore I was looking for a good fixed blade to shoot. I found the grim reaper hades but noticed the new hybrid style broadheads so I thought what the heck its a mix between both worlds so ill give it a try. I got the micro hybrids 100gr. I have only shot one doe a perfect placed shot and hit both lungs tight behind the shoulder with a complete pass through. BUT... she went a long ways and bled very very little. I found her eventually but was shocked at how well she was hit and had a nice size hole in her but hardly any blood and didn't put her down too quick. Has anyone else had any experience with the micro hybrids? and how do the other broadheads compare such as the whitetail classics, and fatal steels? I like the design of their heads but I want something durable enough to wack hogs as well. Nice shooting and way to stay in the game there Smart! Congratulations.

Comment

nice goin' on the follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
                      I have been out for a while as far as hunting goes, I used to shoot rocky mountain premier broadheads. Since they don't make them anymore I was looking for a good fixed blade to shoot. I found the grim reaper hades but noticed the new hybrid style broadheads so I thought what the heck its a mix between both worlds so ill give it a try. I got the micro hybrids 100gr. I have only shot one doe a perfect placed shot and hit both lungs tight behind the shoulder with a complete pass through. BUT... she went a long ways and bled very very little. I found her eventually but was shocked at how well she was hit and had a nice size hole in her but hardly any blood and didn't put her down too quick. Has anyone else had any experience with the micro hybrids? and how do the other broadheads compare such as the whitetail classics, and fatal steels? I like the design of their heads but I want something durable enough to wack hogs as well. Nice shooting and way to stay in the game there Smart! Congratulations.

On the second shot he went 45 yards...and the blood trail was incredible as you could seen in my link of the writeup. The first shot was not ideal in the grand scheme of things. I think it would have killed him but not without a long wait...maybe not. My fault though on the placement. I think it would have been the same with any head I shot there....slick tricks, magnus black hornets, regular razor tip grim reapers etc etc.

I'm supposed to go chase pigs the next week or so ...and I will be carrying the micro-hybrids. Both these heads passed-through and I just touched them up and put them back in slots 1 and 2 for the pigs. The GR 1-3/8" blades are tough....I have no concerns with toughness from past experiences using the same 1-3/8" blades on the Razortips on pigs.
                      Last edited by Smart; 01-15-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Great info, I really like the heads they are built very well. Just my first experience was not what I had expected. I live up just 30 miles north of you Smart so give me a holler sometime and we can shoot together or maybe get some pig action going. 940.634.3818

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
                          I’m a big fan of the Grim Reaper Micro Hybrids. It’s my new favorite broadhead.
                          Spent a lot of time with them over the summer. I’ve killed two mature bucks with them...One on opening day of bow season and one on New Years Day. I was very pleased with the results that led to short tracks. They are very tough and extremely accurate. I want that exit coming out that opposite leg.

Here’s the link to my two videos with the GR Micro Hybrids, if you want to see them. Smart doesn’t mind me posting them here.

Having said that....Bowhunting is a crazy game at times and unexplainable stuff can and does happen.

Opening Day Hunt.

New Years Day Hunt.

Comment

Nice job, Jason on the video. Congrats again and well done getting that second in him. That was very impressive!!!

You dropped the Grim Reaper hammer on him. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                              I’m a big fan of the Grim Reaper Micro Hybrids. It’s my new favorite broadhead.
                              Spent a lot of time with them over the summer. I’ve killed two mature bucks with them...One on opening day of bow season and one on New Years Day. I was very pleased with the results that led to short tracks. They are very tough and extremely accurate. I want that exit coming out that opposite leg.

Here’s the link to my two videos with the GR Micro Hybrids, if you want to see them. Smart doesn’t mind me posting them here.

Having said that....Bowhunting is a crazy game at times and unexplainable stuff can and does happen.

Opening Day Hunt.

New Years Day Hunt.
                              https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=755104
                              BoneThug nice freakn deer man! and great shooting. Your dad sure looked to be an interesting fella, bet yall had some fun together. Thanks for the input, like I said I really like the build of these heads they are truly a work of art. With enough time and experiences im sure I will see their full potential. I was just in awe when I hit that doe and couldn't hardly find any blood and she was a good 200 yds away. I was honestly let down but I see so many good results such as yours and it makes me want to send more through some hot flesh and bone. So hopefully the pigs will feel the reapers soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X