No announcement yet.

"Chasing a Dream" My 2018 OTC Elk Hunt Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That right there Michael has given this old man hope that I can still get out there and chase my dream. Thank You Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Thanks for all the great comments and feedback! I'm pretty proud of this one.

For those of you that have been wanting to make the trip, what would you say has been your biggest obstacle?
      Money and time.

Comment

Super Cool!

Comment

Voice over work with superior video and editing is your money shot.

Outstanding work.

You have always been a great writer. This is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
            I have been getting burnt out on youtube videos, it seems everybody has a "project" going nowadays. But this was very well done and I am glad I watched it. I recently watched "Circle of Life" put out by the Wild Sheep Foundation and I have to say they both had a very similar vibe. Thanks for sharing Michael.

Edit: Hope you don't mind but I shared it on my FB timeline.
            Absolutely don't mind at all! Thanks!

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
            That right there Michael has given this old man hope that I can still get out there and chase my dream. Thank You Sir.
            Make it happen, amigo!
            Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            Voice over work with superior video and editing is your money shot.

Outstanding work.

You have always been a great writer. This is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks Steven. This was my first narrative video and I like the way it turned out. I appreciate the feedback!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              Michael, you can really tell a story and make me want to hit the mountains. That's as good as anything I've seen in a long time.

It was a surprise to run into you at HEB and good to meet you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
              Yes sir! Thanks for saying howdy! Sorry I had to cut our visit short, but we had to get my bride to the doctor to check out her knee! It was great to meet you.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

What a tribute great to hunting and the love of nature. VERY well done.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Michael, your skills with the camera are only surpassed by your writing and editing skills. This video composition takes a back seat to nothing I've seen on line or on the TV or big screen. Well done sir...
                  I've been on that adventure, even videoed a lot of it, but what I did NOT do that really disappoints me is that I did not take the extra effort, to do the behind the scenes video work, short snipits, and such that make a story complete with the camera... I know what a giant effort it takes to do that! My congratulations to you sir on a VERY well done production. Can't wait to see the movie after this trailer!

Comment

yes sir. that was a fine job! It brought back a ton of memories for me too. thanks for taking us in to your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      What a tribute great to hunting and the love of nature. VERY well done.

Hoggslayer
                      Originally posted by easeup View Post
                      yes sir. that was a fine job! It brought back a ton of memories for me too. thanks for taking us in to your life.
                      Thanks for the comments!
                      Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Michael, your skills with the camera are only surpassed by your writing and editing skills. This video composition takes a back seat to nothing I've seen on line or on the TV or big screen. Well done sir...
                      I've been on that adventure, even videoed a lot of it, but what I did NOT do that really disappoints me is that I did not take the extra effort, to do the behind the scenes video work, short snipits, and such that make a story complete with the camera... I know what a giant effort it takes to do that! My congratulations to you sir on a VERY well done production. Can't wait to see the movie after this trailer!
                      Thanks Charlie!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great video, what an adventure. Glad you got to do it.

Comment

Goosebumps, Michael...big ole goosebumps. The video was very well made, but the message stole the show. You have an amazing talent for this and it keeps getting better and showing in your work.

Comment

Great video.....

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Congratulations for chasing your dream in 2018 Michael.

Great video

Pursued the same dream this year at 63, only to make the rookie mistake of spooking a 5 x 5 on the draw, getting handcuffed by a 3 x 3 watching over a 6 x 6 bull at water, passing on a spike to grow old and majestic, and coming O' so close on 3 spot and stack hunts.

Hooked.....can't wait until September, no matter the age, assuming good health, to continue the dream chase.

Comment

Working...
                                X