Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good video

Comment

GREAT Job Michael. That if exactly how I do mine. Fantastic video. I will be sharing it with many.

Comment

Great video! I have been gradually getting into processing my own deer over the last 4 years. This year I took the leap and bought a grinder and sausage stuffer.

I have tried to find a simple video that explains the names of the muscles in the hind legs and the best uses for each cut. There are very few videos out there and most of them are from butchers and they seem to assume the viewer already knows some of the elementary things. For example I never knew or thought that you could roast the shanks whole. I thought all you could do is oso bucco or grind them.

I will definitely be going back and referencing this video when I shoot another deer! And I'm going to check out the sausage video you mentioned!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by harv418 View Post
          GREAT Job Michael. That if exactly how I do mine. Fantastic video. I will be sharing it with many.

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
          Great video! I have been gradually getting into processing my own deer over the last 4 years. This year I took the leap and bought a grinder and sausage stuffer.

I have tried to find a simple video that explains the names of the muscles in the hind legs and the best uses for each cut. There are very few videos out there and most of them are from butchers and they seem to assume the viewer already knows some of the elementary things. For example I never knew or thought that you could roast the shanks whole. I thought all you could do is oso bucco or grind them.

I will definitely be going back and referencing this video when I shoot another deer! And I'm going to check out the sausage video you mentioned!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for all the awesome feedback, here and on YouTube comments. I hesitated to post this one because I'm definitely not an expert, but hoped it might be helpful to somebody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great video! We break down quarters the same way! It turns out that I've been getting the top and bottom round mixed up.

You said you cook the eye of round like a tenderloin?

Comment

Very nice work Michael. Better than anything else I've seen out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                Great video! We break down quarters the same way! It turns out that I've been getting the top and bottom round mixed up.

You said you cook the eye of round like a tenderloin?

I've seen charts and videos that essentially label them interchangeably. I opted for the sources that I trust the most! LOL!

I probably glossed over it a little too quickly, but typically with eye of round (if they don't end up as jerky or sausage) I pound them lightly and fry them. Obviously not as tender as the tenderloin or backstrap, but still tasty.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I've seen charts and videos that essentially label them interchangeably. I opted for the sources that I trust the most! LOL!

I probably glossed over it a little too quickly, but typically with eye of round (if they don't end up as jerky or sausage) I pound them lightly and fry them. Obviously not as tender as the tenderloin or backstrap, but still tasty.

Good to know! I've just been making jerky out of them for a while. I'll try something new soon

Comment

That was great Michael. Exactly the way we do it.

Comment

Good to know! I've just been making jerky out of them for a while. I'll try something new soon

Let me know how it turns out. Hopefully I'm not steering you wrong!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

They are if you run them through the tenderizer

Another great video!

Comment

Much easier to follow than most of the other butchering video's out there. Great job!

Comment

Thanks!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              They are if you run them through the tenderizer

Another great video!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Subscribed

Comment