Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH Video Journal 25 - My Response to 84 Lumber: "The Journey Ain't That Glamourous"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well said. You brought to light some very valid points.

Comment

Good job, Michael. Very well stated.

Comment

Certainly put a face on the issue. Well done.

84 Lumber didn't show the mom or daughter getting a birth control shot prior to the trip to avert pregnancy resulting from rape(s).

Comment

Great video

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Well done

Comment

Good on you Michael.

Comment

Great video! Well done

Comment

Amen, brother! Didn't care for the 84 Lumber slant on immigration. I'm all for immigration done legally. If not for immigration there wouldn't be many of us around... European descent myself, Polish and Italian. I will admit, I didn't watch the follow up. I've had the opportunity to talk to a number of people who have crossed our southern border illegally, NONE of them have ever painted a pretty picture.

Best commercial... my favorite was the Buick commercial with Cam Newton!

Comment

Great video!!

Best commercial was when the dad was faking his death to get out of his verizon bill..
                      "What are you, a cop?" Lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                        Amen, brother! Didn't care for the 84 Lumber slant on immigration. I'm all for immigration done legally. If not for immigration there wouldn't be many of us around... European descent myself, Polish and Italian. I will admit, I didn't watch the follow up. I've had the opportunity to talk to a number of people who have crossed our southern border illegally, NONE of them have ever painted a pretty picture.

Best commercial... my favorite was the Buick commercial with Cam Newton!

LOL! That one was pretty funny!

Thanks for all the feedback.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Well said. I think the market will determine their fate for such an ill conceived and controversial ad.

Comment

Great video! I wondered if the ad executives who thought that this was a great idea actually talked to any of the people who came here illegally.

There are so many issues that the ad failed to address in this "harmless crime." Personally, my identity was stolen by a person here illegally. When I was 21, I found out that they had used it to buy a house and took out a mortgage. I spent years correcting this, and had to prove who I am.

In my career, I can't count the number of times I've sent 4506-t forms off, only to have the tax transcripts return with the info that that SS# doesn't belong to the person who filed and received a tax refund.

I hope that image of the body that you found resonates with some folks who have never seen the unglamorous side of illegal immigration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great video...and about as real as it gets.

Unfortunately - the Superbowl add in question did exactly as intended. It got people talking about a company that in part has become irrelevant. Prior to the add I can't remember the last time I heard of the company.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                                Nice work. 84 Lumber is out of touch w reality but in the end I think they just did it for selfish reasons, to promote their company at the expense of others.
                                They are encouraging illegal immigration and making it look like a cake walk..
                                Very well said!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X