Tagged

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Five stars.
        That was great.

Comment

Just curious why her buck was "Too big" ?

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
            Just curious why her buck was "Too big" ?
            On the lease we hunt, a rule was implemented that a hunter must shoot a hog and then a doe before they can hunt "management" bucks. Once the hunter is successful with a management buck (generally a fully "mature" deer that scores less than 150" or that has unfavorable antler characteristics) , he or she can begin hunting "trophy" deer. The process is weapons specific (ie, a hunter can be "trophy eligible" with a gun but still required to shoot a hog/javi if bow hunting), and is cumulative (no requirement to repeat the process annually).

There are also some unwritten rules that each family may only shoot one "trophy", annually (and for the REALLY big deer it's generally accepted to wait a few years before hunting another). Additionally, the "kids" are normally restricted to "management" bucks, under 150". It's not really a hard and fast rule, but has pretty much become the guideline that we try to adhere to.

Casey, Kelsey and Dane had seen this buck two weeks earlier, and had a lot of photos and videos that they shared with those in camp. Several of us around camp had viewed the images and, honestly, we were all fooled by the antlers and the body size. Most of us encouraged Casey to give Kelsey a green light to shoot it, which ultimately she did.

The comments in the video were tongue-in-cheek. Everybody was absolutely thrilled for Kelsey (except maybe Dane ), including the lease "boss." Cha Cha absolutely adores the kids at the lease, and I think she has an even greater fondness for the girls - she started the lease decades ago as "Campo de Las Cazadoras" (Camp of Lady Hunters) for herself and friends that she felt were (possibly unintentionally) discriminated against as members of a lease with men. Again, everybody was ecstatic for Kelsey and the comment in the video was good-natured ribbing.

Again, thanks for the comments. Please click the "like" button on this or any other video as it will help draw traffic to the channel, which I'm still trying to build.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
              It was a good one for the TexasBOTHhunters

That's a LOT of bone!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Whats with all the rifles in that pic of Texasbowhunters??

Looks like a good weekend

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Well, she did CLEARLY identify it as TexasBOTHhunters!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Don't be a hater!

And whats that long wood and metal thing in your avatar? Funny looking bow!

Comment

Congrats all around.

Comment

I really enjoyed the full experience. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice production as usual Michael. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Making GREAT memories! Awesome video!

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback! I'm working on some new stuff, including more emphasis on equipment.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ended up watching all your videos on YouTube. Good Stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X