No announcement yet.

Irion Co. 8pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats buddy! Thanks for sharing! Awesome deer!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyayala View Post
      Congrats buddy! Thanks for sharing! Awesome deer!
      Thanks Robby.

Awesome avatar, Amigo. Heck of a way to start out your season.

Comment

Nice vid

Comment

Great buck and video it's amazing how tough these animals are and how shots that look great they can travel a ways and shots that don't look to good they go hundred yards and die you just never no

Comment

I followed from day one and was so glad to get the reply text that you had recovered him. Great buck and as always great video.

Rwc

Comment

Great video and the results you experienced are the main reason that I avoid quartering to shots at all costs especially with the front leg back. He's got his vitals covered and there is just so little room for error in the shot. You can absolutely make a killing shot, but you're not likely to hit much lung if any at all. You're more apt to catch the liver. Only thing that I would have changed is to put the arrow a couple inches to the right, but its a crap shoot because you don't know if you'll catch the shoulder or not. I shot a 6 pt with that same palmation at the base of the G2. Add's some good mass! Congrats!
              Attached Files

Comment

^^still amazed how far he went. still seems like a good shot.

and that dogs didnt find him.

what kind of broad head?

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                  Great video and the results you experienced are the main reason that I avoid quartering to shots at all costs especially with the front leg back. He's got his vitals covered and there is just so little room for error in the shot. You can absolutely make a killing shot, but you're not likely to hit much lung if any at all. You're more apt to catch the liver. Only thing that I would have changed is to put the arrow a couple inches to the right, but its a crap shoot because you don't know if you'll catch the shoulder or not. I shot a 6 pt with that same palmation at the base of the G2. Add's some good mass! Congrats!
                  Yep. I agree 100%.
                  I didn't realize he was like that when I shot, though. When I pulled back on him both legs of his legs where side by side relaxed. I never saw him move that opposite leg forward when I was pulled back and waiting to shoot. The video shows he's quartering to some. I just wished I would have noticed that in person when I was in the blind.

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
                  ^^still amazed how far he went. still seems like a good shot.

and that dogs didnt find him.

what kind of broad head?
                  Muzzy Hybrid.

Comment

I'm not judging just critiquing. The places I hunt are next to thick E Tx cover and I don't want them going far. A Rage in the cage quartering away usually puts them down in sight. I don't like tracking deer... cuts into my beer drinking time!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      Thanks Robby.

Awesome avatar, Amigo. Heck of a way to start out your season.

Thanks man!

Comment

Very nice video and great deer!! Looks like you are managing your place right. Lot of nice deer.

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Nice buck great video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats....at least you waited for he deer behind it to clear😳😬😬😬😬

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X