No announcement yet.

DSLR Filming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Lots of research later and I bought a Sony NEX-5RX. It's a compact camera system that has basically the same CMOS sensor as a DSLR but it take extremely good video due to the fact it has a hybrid auto focus. So you get excellent DSLR quality pics and 1080p hd camcorder video. Ill post up some pics and vids this weekend. I got the 18-55mm kit lens but you can get 55-210 mm, 16mm f/2.8 Wide lens, 50mm f/1.8 mid range lens so there are ton of options. You can also use any of your DSLR lens with a bought adapter. I hope this will be a good piece of kit for those of us who self film and love to take photos.
    Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
      I will be shooting a canon 5d mkii, I picked up a cheap 28-200mm lens to get a wide variety of shots with one lens. I have filmed a couple of hog hunts with them and they are defiantly challenging. I run mine on full manual so you have to control the zoom, focus, aperture, shutter speed, iso, white balance, and audio all manually. Most dslr cameras on camera audio is terrible so I suggest you get either a shotgun mic or a wireless mic system to help with the terrible audio. I have mine setup with a follow focus, 8in hd monitor, wireless mic, shotgun mic, muddy tree arm, and a fluid head. Post of some footage when you get it!! Here is a pic of my setup
      Awesome setup...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
        Awesome setup...!!!
        Thanks!

Originally posted by bloodycactus View Post
        Ok. Lots of research later and I bought a Sony NEX-5RX. It's a compact camera system that has basically the same CMOS sensor as a DSLR but it take extremely good video due to the fact it has a hybrid auto focus. So you get excellent DSLR quality pics and 1080p hd camcorder video. Ill post up some pics and vids this weekend. I got the 18-55mm kit lens but you can get 55-210 mm, 16mm f/2.8 Wide lens, 50mm f/1.8 mid range lens so there are ton of options. You can also use any of your DSLR lens with a bought adapter. I hope this will be a good piece of kit for those of us who self film and love to take photos.
        Scotty
        Awesome man! Glad you got what you needed

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
          I will be shooting a canon 5d mkii, I picked up a cheap 28-200mm lens to get a wide variety of shots with one lens. I have filmed a couple of hog hunts with them and they are defiantly challenging. I run mine on full manual so you have to control the zoom, focus, aperture, shutter speed, iso, white balance, and audio all manually. Most dslr cameras on camera audio is terrible so I suggest you get either a shotgun mic or a wireless mic system to help with the terrible audio. I have mine setup with a follow focus, 8in hd monitor, wireless mic, shotgun mic, muddy tree arm, and a fluid head. Post of some footage when you get it!! Here is a pic of my setup
          Gotta love that follow focus!

Comment

Working...
          X