New Camera Equip SOON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Camera Equip SOON!

So I have been kicking the idea of a new bow around and the bow that I would get is the Bear Method. I have the ok from the boss to do so. Then I got to thinkin that there is absolutly nothing wrong with my Hoyt so why not upgrade my Video equip. This is what I have in mind.

Canon HF R400
    Manfrotto 585LNC with Adapter to make it AV controlled remote
    Bescor Twin LED 60x light
    Beachtech Mulitmount 5D
    Audio-Technica Pro 88w wireless mic
    Canon wrap around mount from campbells cameras to mount it all together

I found the equipment off Adorama.com and Amazon.com. If ya'll Camera nuts have any imput it would be greatly appreicated. And if you have had any dealings with Adorama imput there too.

Light http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Battery http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This would be another reccomendation for the light. I like this model because you can buy rechargeable batteries for it very cheap and dont have to spend tons on AA batteries and actually has a more amp hours. It has a dimmer like the bescor. Ive used mine at weddings for 45 minutes full blast.

The audio technica wireless is great at close range but does not turn good audio quality at any distances over id say15-20 yards. I would also recommend a shotgun mic in instances where you may have multiple people talking and only one wireless mic.

Ive never ordered off of adorama, I normally stick to Amazon or Ebay.

Im somewhat new to the filming but if there is anything I can help with shoot me a PM

Comment

Thats all I see me using the mic is not over 10 yards. is there a splitter of some sort as to where I can use a shotgun mic and wireless?

Comment

Most will run a shotgun mic into the camera and run the wireless to a external digital recorder (zoom H1/H4) then sync up in post. The digital recorders record superior audio and make it easy to understand the hunter whisper. I know they make a splitter but im not sure how you would adjust gain between both.

Comment

I just came across this little mixer, It would allow you to use multiple mics and adjust the gain individually.

Comment

Thats a good find there! Will keep that in mind when looking!

Comment

So i guess you would just plug your wireless and shotgun mic to the mixer and plug the mixer to the camera?? I am new to this part of hunting lol

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                So i guess you would just plug your wireless and shotgun mic to the mixer and plug the mixer to the camera?? I am new to this part of hunting lol
                Exactly, it will also let you adjust the gain independently. If the shotgun mic is "hotter" than the wireless mic you can turn down the shotgun mic to match the wireless.

Comment

Yeah I this will be a must have when I get all the equipment in! The sound will be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X