No announcement yet.

GoPro Maiden Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tested the wifi bacpac last night along with the new iphone/ipad app. You can see your camera in real time with a 5 second delay on the iphone and ipad. You can also program the camera to switch from stills to video mode on the fly. Along with all the other features. Well worth it for me because I hate the two button menu system. WIFI bacpac will last you about 4 hours and you can shut off the camera with the app to preserve battery life. Might be worth it if you like to take shots like this and not leave the camera going all the time. It says it works up to 600 feet. I am assuming that's straight line of site with no walls. I'm thinking of maybe getting another camera to put one on my bow and the other as you have it in that video. then combine the two with pinnacle. For me, I am usually looking at my iphone already while waiting, having the app there to control the camera is really nice.

Comment

Good stuff David. Looking forward to seeing it work. I might try it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
        I use 1280x720/60fps. I chose the 1280x720 resolution to match the 16:9 aspect ratio of my video camera. (I didn't want there to be black bars on the sides of the finished video everytime I switched to the GoPro camera.) The 60fps is to allow good slow motion. I can pretty much "eyeball" where the camera is pointed. And, of course, the GoPro has a pretty large field of view anyway. If you aim the camera generally toward the blind and then place the corn about four feet in front of the camera, I don't think you can go too far wrong as far as that goes.
        Thx

Comment

Working...
        X