My first attempt at hunting video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first attempt at hunting video

I just received my video editing software last week. I took three clips and a couple pictures of my 9 year olds first whitetail crossbow kill and made them into one production. He has a compound, but last year was only pulling 28 lbs. I bought a Barnett Buck Commander to get him involved in the archery season.

I am a complete rookie video making/editing, but hope to get a lot of practice this season. I have purchased more equipment such as camera tripod, lumenocks, and Treestand video mount to make things easier. I would have been able to stay on the deer longer after the shot had I not been holding the camera by hand. My music selection was limited. Hard drive on computer went out and I lost 3,800 of 4,200 iTunes songs.

Anyways here it is. Let me know suggestions on what I can do to improve future videos.

Looks good man, gotta love that smile! Also good choice in music gonna be in Shreveport la tomorrow!

Comment

Great video! And excellent shooting by the young man.

Comment

Congrats to him on a good kill and a nice video.

Comment

Great job...on the video and the shot!

Comment

Way to go Mathew !!!! congrats on a great shot ! That x-bow is smoking fast ! -c

Comment

awesome, just plain awesome!!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. My daughter shot her first WT that evening. It was a 8" cull spike, but we were at the time of day that camera needed more light. I'm gonna try and make it up to her this year and get her a morning kill on video.

There are a few spots that I needed to slow down and focus the camera a little more, but lesson learned. Headed up to the lease with my wife tonight throught Sat or Sun. Maybe we'll have a hog kill video shortly.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

i liked that video. pure greatness. congrats to both of you.

Comment

That was awesome! Good job!

Comment

Excellent job

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyayala View Post
                            That was awesome! Good job!
                            Thanks Robby. Couldn't have done it without seeing your work first and asking you what software to get. You are the man.

Gracias

Comment

Great job on the video and a great shot as well. That doe flat got airborne on impact LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X