Heartpumping buck bowhunt in Laredo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonstalker View Post
    Yeah it was hard not to let my arrow go and let that little guy have it right through the eye! The spikes had my number last year, 2 weeks later I was hunting at the chaparral and finally had a mature shooter come in to my set-up on the fourth day and sure enough another dang spike came in between us and busted me drawing back...oh well, the way it goes I guess.
    I don't know what it is, they say old bucks are so smart and young ones are dumb. I've had older deer at the feeder and I'm 15 yds away and a spike comes in, looks at the blind and starts blowing and they all leave. **** spikes and their Jedi mind tricks.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I feel your pain on getting busted!

Comment

had the same thind happen to me last year except a 4 point busted me

Comment

Well, that's hunting. It is as much a part of hunting as killing. I'm glad that you got the encounter. Not many folks get that much. That video gets me fired up to get out there this year. Nice video.

Comment

Dangit. Like your video though, good of you not to take a bag shot.

Comment

Good video and good choice not to force the shot

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

The outcome SUCKS but a great video anyway

Comment

did you ever see him again?

Comment

Whatever, you just got the gitters and couldn't pull that bow back. Stage fright.

As far as we know he's still out there, so maybe moonstalker can get him this year.

I think he might have poked his head out one more time after this video, but can't remember for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                        Whatever, you just got the gitters and couldn't pull that bow back. Stage fright.
                        Dude! I thought we had an agreement that we weren't going to bring that up!?!....I did everything perfect on that hunt, remember!. Nah can't wait to get another chance!

Comment

sorry

Comment

Hang in there and keep on keepin on!!!!

Comment

Good control. Many would have taken a less then perfect shot. Good job on the video

Comment

Working...
                              X