Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

First Head Shot Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Head Shot Pig

Sorry I have been a little backed up with work so I wasn't able to post this earlier. I shot this sow last Saturday before the storms rolled in at about 9:00 pm. I knew we had a big group of hogs in the area and I happened to run into them while roaming the property in our golf cart. I was not sure exactly how many there were but I would guess anywhere from 30-60 since there were so many piglets in the group. I scared them off into the woods initially and the wind was terrible to go on a night stalk after them so I drove back around to the other side to another pasture to see if they would walk to me. There was not much moonlight but I figured if I stood in the Middle of the pasture I would be able to see the black figures in the grass well enough to determine when to turn on my kill light. I am not sure I would have tried this tactic if I did not have my Beretta on my hip but that gave me enough courage to try. I stood in the middle of the field and sure enough some piglets started heading my way followed by 3 or 4 sows. I had some trouble judging distance because of the darkness so when I turned on my kill light I ended up with a 30-35 yd shot instead of the 20-25 yd shot that I wanted. I was able to put a good shot on one of the sows standing broadside and she went right down. In the pics you can see the nocturnal sticking out right behind her ear. No tracking job needed for this pig. Pretty awesome way to start off my spring break.
    Last edited by Babolathunter; 03-27-2012, 02:08 AM.

Sorry about the lack of pics. I am not completely used to the new Mac so I will have to upload them later.

Comment

[IMG]/Users/marylauren2/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/03/27/20120327-024241/photo-2.JPG[/IMG]
      /Users/marylauren2/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2012/03/27/20120327-024146/photo.jpg
      /Users/marylauren2/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/03/27/20120327-024251/photo-1.JPG

Comment

No Bueno fer me...

Comment

the Kill light strikes again good job

Comment

Looks like your pics didn't load.

Comment

Did I miss something?

Comment

Can't see the pics but sounds like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by mtb4396 View Post