~ HOG take a grim reapor hit, turns around and keeps eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~ HOG take a grim reapor hit, turns around and keeps eating

Love those hard quarter away shots, but this one........nail him, only get penetration on the front part of hte grim reapor, falls out in 5 steps,.. hog turns around like " *** ?!?!?! " .... and goes back to eating. Did not try another shot as all I had were GR broadheads on this hit. blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl5kCAYTT8Q"]BOWHUNTING - GRIM REAPOR FAIL ON A HOG. - YouTube[/ame]

Wow. That looked like a perfect shot. I have used grim reapers and had great success.

Comment

wow

Comment

Looks like a bad shot to me. I played it stop action. Arrow went through outside of ham/leg before it skipped off ribs. Don’t think that is the heads fault. Imo.

Comment

I agree with above--first point of impact was the ham--lost enough energy to retard penetration into the body.

Comment

Looks to me like it barely hit his back quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by JBS View Post
              Looks like a bad shot to me. I played it stop action. Arrow went through outside of ham/leg before it skipped off ribs. Don’t think that is the heads fault. Imo.
              yup.

Comment

I normally don't get into these threads but since you said the head failed....I think it was a poor shot

Comment

Carlos you keep shooting them pigs. I know you are a good shot. It happens to everyone, if someone dissagrees, well they haven't hunted with a bow long enough. The main thing is KAP.

Comment

Originally posted by JBS View Post
                    Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    I agree with above--first point of impact was the ham--lost enough energy to retard penetration into the body.
                    Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    Looks to me like it barely hit his back quarter.
                    Agree with ^^^

b/h clipped the outside of the leg, loosing a lot of energy before it skipped off the ribs...

Just one of those bad shots we all have... Keep at it and KAP!

Comment

looks like u missed the sweet spot....back leg first? imo

Comment

no dout ! you guys are right.... I did not catch that,... I paused/played.... huh... I see it now. Hmmmmm..... I normally shoot the 3 blade muzzy on pigs, but had the GR's for the deer that I was hoping to have come in.
                        Wonder if a fixed would have seen better results despite a zip on the edge of that back leg ? Bad shot indeed. - c

Comment

Originally posted by takoma View Post
                          no dout ! you guys are right.... I did not catch that,... I paused/played.... huh... I see it now. Hmmmmm..... I normally shoot the 3 blade muzzy on pigs, but had the GR's for the deer that I was hoping to have come in.
                          Wonder if a fixed would have seen better results despite a zip on the edge of that back leg ? Bad shot indeed. - c
                          Give the GRs another shot...you won't be disappointed

Comment

rage would have chopped his leg off and then centerpunched the heart lol

Comment

bummer

Comment

Working...
                              X