No announcement yet.

Video Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly recommend you try downloading a trial version of the software you wish to purchase before buying. Some of the video software packages are very hardware finicky.

It really sucks to plunk down a chunk of change for this stuff and it doesn't work. Most places will not allow returns on software if the package has been opened.

Definitely make sure the software will work on your computer for you before buying!

Here's one you can try.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/tryout.html

Comment

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 11 and 3D Blue Titler on a 1TB PC with Invidia video card w/GPU accelerator.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded from my daughters point and shoot that I used during the 2011 deer season. I bought a Sony HDR-CX190, applied some mole skin to the front and will be headed to Brushy Hill next weekend for some Turkey and Hog action.

Here's a link to the video that I did with Window's MM, I tried Adobe as my daughter has it on her laptop but didn't put the time in to get the hang of it. I think you need some schooln' for that program.

This was my last hunt of the 2011 deer season. I was able to take a targeted buck 10 days ago and this would be my last shot to get one on video. After learn...

Comment

Yeah, Sony Vegas Pro is more complex but it's gotten much easier over time... very powerful software! You can see it on my Youtube channel on JustHuntVids or I just put a predator hunting teaser up under the thread here that asks you to upload your hunting videos - it's one of the sticky threads.

I'd say you did quite well for Windows MM. Your camera takes great video! I am using the Sony HdR-FX1000. for my interviews and product showcases I had been using my Canon T2i Rebel DSLR with wireless lapel mic but have been using the Sony more and more for those and for product reviews. I find my HDR-FX1000 is just more functional than my DSLR is. My PC likes editing the footage, better, too, although Sony Vegas Pro also works with .mov, H.264, etc. The predator teaser was filmed with my Sony HDR-FX1000 with an Azden SGM-1X shotgun mic. The more you get used to filming and editing the more fun you have doing it. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by bobfishbw View Post
            Pinnacle Studio 15.

Comment

Pinnacle is nice, but seems like it can bog down if you don't have a powerful set up on your computer. I still use it some, bu tlike Corel Video Studio Pro X4....

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X